“good stop on your way out” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park and Fly Package
Ranked #17 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
South Burlington, Vermont
“good stop on your way out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Nice room, minimal amenities, but free shuttle to the MCI. Breakfast was available and even in to-go bags if you have to leave early.

No real complaints other than it would be nice to have menus in the room or at least the restaurant names that deliver in the guest book/folder in the rooms so you don't have to hassle the concierge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was in town for a function at my daughter's college. My flight got me in at 10am. This Hampton is so nice and close to KC airport, that even after picking up my rental car, I was at the hotel by 10:30am. The front desk rep. allowed me to check in early and I found my room to be spotless. I was able to freshen up and still meet my girl for lunch prior to the evenings event. Later that night I climbed into a ver comfortable bed and slept really well. Great hotel and great service. Thanks for helping make my 24 hours in KC really nice.

Room Tip: Great hotel if you have an earlier flight out of KC. From this hotel to the airport rental car retur...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Unlike other Hamptons where I have stayed in the past, the pool was outdoors. In the middle of winter that means no pool. Very small fitness room - just two treadmills, no sauna. For the hotel of that size, the breakfast area is too small. We were lucky that there were not many people staying there, so we had space enough for us, In other regards, it is a typing Hampton, my favorite hotel brand. Clean, decent breakfast. We got a room for 12,500 Hilton Honors points.

Room Tip: No fun around - stay there when you need a bed
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Typical Hampton Inn. Check in was quick and efficient. Lobby and breakfast area is rather small, but had modern décor and was attractive. This hotel has an outdoor pool, so no swimming in the winter! Only complaint about the room was that I found a couple pieces of trash on the floor, one being a bottle cap that was at the base of the bed so could have been easily overlooked and a small empty pill container by the desk.
Breakfast was typical Hampton items. I did notice while at breakfast a man dressed in his PJ’s coming down to eat that I overheard indicated he was an employee at the hotel and must have slept overnight in a room. However he wasn’t working at the time. Overall it was a decent stay, staff just needs to remember the small details in the guest experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the last 4 years for business. I have not been disappointed. The hotel has very nice rooms. The bed was comfortable. There was ample workspace and excellent internet access. Staff is great. They answered all my questions and made me feel welcome everytime I passed through the lobby. Good variety on continental breakfast. I enjoyed the hot breakfast items especially. Shuttle service very responsive. I used the service on my departure and was surprised that they ran every half hour. The shuttle driver was very courteous and friendly. It only took about 7 minutes to go from the hotel to the terminal so I had more than enough time to check-in to my flight. Overall, a very good experience.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have refrigerators and microwaves so ask for one if you want one.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This Hampton location was perfect if you are catching a flight out of KC. The location, the room rate, the breakfast, the shuttle, the park & fly...all great and very convenient. Clean, comfortable and the staff was one of the friendliest I have met at a hotel in quite a while.

Room Tip: Make sure you sign up for the shuttle if you are catching a flight. It is a great service the hotel...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We have stayed several times at this Hampton. We travel a lot and this is one of our favorites. Typically hotels near airports are ran down but never the case with this one. Great Staff, very clean accomodations. Breakfast is good also. Their pool is wonderful and I use it everyday we stay in the summer. Definately work staying here....you will be happy you did.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!