“Poor Location and Dated Room” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Kansas City Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Ramada Kansas City Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ramada Kansas City Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1601 N Universal Ave, I-435 & Front Street-Exit 57, Kansas City, MO 64120   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #77 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Victoria, Canada
“Poor Location and Dated Room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Rude front desk lady, slow internet, and a view of a pond that's seen better days. If I didn't know any better, I'd say my fiance and I stepped in a time machine and were transported back at the height of the industrial boom. We took a wrong turn upon arriving and somehow ended up in the condemned part of hotel. It was freezing, and there was debris and light fixtures on the floor. When we retraced our steps and finally found our room we literally burst out loud laughing at the size of the television. If we didn't know any better, we'd swear we were on punked. We were there New Years Eve, and instead of enjoying a nice countdown with other bar-goers, we were denied access because we refused to pay 20$ a head to get into the 'party' being held at the bar that had no more than 5 people in it. The bed was ok, the washroom was alright and the wobbly desk supporting the miniature tv on was a nice color. Overall nothing spectacular and the location was wretched.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

407 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a hell hole, paid a little over $50 with a deal and WAY overpaid. Only thing decent was the bed and if it wasn't so late I would have argued to get our money back and go elsewhere. Room is bland, lampshade falling apart, shades on the window looks disgusting, tv was too small to enjoy watching, art was very outdated, if you were brave enough to take a bath you would have to put the plug that was laying on the side of the tub into the drain. Never so glad to check out of a hotel!!

• Stayed December 2012
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was a little skeptical when I read all the reviews. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have this beautiful fountain in the lobby, that was pleasant to sit next to. The beds were comfortable, and the room was really clean. I am so picky about having a clean room. There were so many times that I have gone to hotels and I get the creeps because the room is dirty--not this one! It had been a long day, so I went to the bar, and I felt comfortable and relaxed as I sipped my drink. I enjoyed the emenities, like the pool and exercise room. I don't pass through KC that often, but I will definitely stay here again the next time around.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
LA JUNTA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Older hotel, but clean & the staff was very friendly. Was very convenient for where we were going. Will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Marcy L, Manager at Ramada Kansas City Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for recent review. We value and welcome our guests opinion. Feel free to contact me if you have any needs in the future.
DODGE CITY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Even though I had read alot of bad reviews about this hotel, I went ahead and made a reservation since it was convenient and affordable. I should of listen to the reviews. I travel only occassionally with my family just to get out of town or go relax somewhere else. I always though Ramada hotel line had a good reputation and they were classy hotels but when my family and I got there we were pretty dissapointed. I didn't switch hotels because it was late and we were really tired from driving but OMG, I will NEVER stay here again or even recommend this hotel. Everything was horrible, from the nasty breakfast, dirty pool, to the getto location. I don't usually write comments about anything but in this case I had to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Kansas City Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Kansas City Hotel and Conference Center

Address: 1601 N Universal Ave, I-435 & Front Street-Exit 57, Kansas City, MO 64120
Location: United States > Missouri > Kansas City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #77 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Kansas City Hotel and Conference Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Wyndham, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Ramada Kansas City Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Hotel Kansas City
Hotel International Kansas City
Intrigue Park Place Hotel

If you own or manage Ramada Kansas City Hotel and Conference Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.