“Clean, friendly, close to airport, very helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport

You added Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport to your Saves list
Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11110 NW Ambassador Drive, I-29 & 112th Street - Exit #12, Kansas City, MO 64153   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
College Station, Texas
“Clean, friendly, close to airport, very helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed one night in August 2013 awaiting an early morning flight out of MCI the next morning. The hotel isn't the closest to the airport, but close enough for our purposes. Hotel seems very new, the rooms being of the classic Candlewood style and there being enough shampoo in the bottle for a week! The front desk staff member was friendly and helpful, especially for the folks checking in ahead of us who showed up two weeks before their reservation! She helped the people get with Hotels.com to fix their flawed booking and didn't bat an eye. I assume the family reunion was better for it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate it.

Our hotel is now four years old. We receive comments all the time that guests think we are brand new. Our brand and the ownership of the hotel has the same mindset to keep the hotel in tip top shape. It only benefits everyone in the long term.

Nice to hear our front desk associate was able to help other guests when they discovered a reservation error. Another good reason to book with the hotel directly and not through a third-party company. We hope to see you again very soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I want to thank Mr. Tom Scott and his staff for a wonderful overnight stay at his hotel. We were coming from Washington DC after staying at the Omni Shoreham and arrived in KC on a late flight. The Candlewood was very clean. My two daughters and three grands had a wonderful overnight stay with great hot showers, very convenient free laundry room, computer access, hot fresh coffee and a convenience store for other items. (Both daughters are professionals; my grands are 3, 5 and 7 years.) The front desk was extremely congenial and I felt "at home". Also, even though late arrival at the airport, the staff was willing to pick us up in the shuttle. Everybody was great. Y'all need to stay here. I cannot say enough good things about the Candlewood.

Room Tip: We stayed on 1st floor near lobby. Very quiet. Very clean.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your taking the time to do so. More importantly, I'm glad that you felt at home and at ease with your family at our hotel.

I will share your comments with the entire staff, they will be delighted to know. We hope to have you as our guest again.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was pleased at your newer looking place and thinking I would recommend this to my colleagues. As I got off the elevator on the 3rd floor one of your guests was in a panic as she entered and told me that she and her daughter had just been chased down the hall by a pitbull. I thought she was kidding. When we went downstairs to change rooms (we were both next door to the pitbull). I was told that yes, they allow dogs and yes, they knew there was a pitbull and the people were told to keep it on a leash. WHY? Sadly the woman was told since they prepaid for their room they couldn't change. I changed to the 2nd floor and listened to people above me all night. Knowing you allow dogs is one thing, but to allow pitbulls with their reputation is crazy! I explained this in the morning and all I got was a "sorry". You lost my business!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. At all Candlewood Suites pets are accepted nationwide. Being an extended-stay brand of hotel, pets will always be welcomed.

First, we only knew of the guest have a "dog". We don't ask about the breed. We ask that they limit to two pets up to 30lbs per pet. From time to time we find out the rules have been pushed to the limit. This is a tough one because there are many people who would agree with you and many people would not agree with you. We are trying to operate a hotel and make our guests happy.

I will tell you this, I will share your concerns with IHG Corporate,(the company that franchises the hotel brand to us) and get their feedback. Please contact me at the hotel so I may follow up with you personally. We never want to lose a good customer.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Candlewood Suites is one of those convenient places that has most of what you need, but you tend to forget what it was like as soon as you check out. So nothing wrong with the place, but I guess I don't want to stay anymore at a Canldewood Suites hotel unless I'm going to be there for an extended stay and intend to do some shopping in the neighborhood. The reason is they don't provide breakfast and they only offer a small pantry with few healthy choices or absurd things like cereals but no milk etc. And why would you plan an extended stay close to an airport unless you planned to miss your flight several days in a row...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We appreciate you doing so.

Candlewoods Suites hotels are designed for the extended-stay guests. Nationwide they do not offer a complimentary morning breakfast. We do however, in our Candlewood Cupboard offer many food and beverage items for our guests to purchase. We take pride that we do offer many healthy food options. We have several breakfast items to purchase to take back to your suite to prepare in your full kitchen or if your in a hurry, something to grab and go.

If we were out of milk in the cupboard at the time of your visit, the front desk associate could certainly obtained more milk for you from our storage.

Again thank you for being our guest. We hope you give Candlewood Suites another try.
Little Falls, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

If and when I get back to Kansas City MO to hook with the UNICO chapter out there, I will definitely stay again at this Hotel. The service, the front desk, the rooms, the location, the friendliness were all above expectation. The beds were the most comfortable. I even asked what brand so I could look for that mattress when I got home. A definite must stay again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your experience at our hotel and for posting those comments on this site for all to see.

Our "Comforts of Home" bedding package, along with our sateen sheets, with high thread count makes for a great night's sleep. We also offer different kinds of pillows for our guest
comfort.

Molte Grazie and we hope to see you again for next year's Festa!
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Rooms were clean and spacious and the price was right. No complaints. Staff was very helpful and made a great suggestion for dinner. Would a free breakfast been nice? Yes, but at the price how could they afford it. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We thank you for posting such nice comments about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your comments about the breakfast offering. Our franchise currently has no plans to add breakfast, however we do have several breakfast items in our Candlewood Cupboard that are for purchase.
Aiea, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place was so nice! The room was perfect, quiet and clean and well furnished. I slept better at this hotel than I did in the 4 star I had stayed in the week before. I really can't say enough nice things about it. The staff was wonderful, and the shuttle left for the airport right on time. I would definitely stay here again, anytime!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
We thank you very much for your review on our hotel. You paid us a very nice compliment and shared it with this site for all to see. Thank you. I will share your comments with the staff !

Been to Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!