“Candlewood in Kansas City MO” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport

You added Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport to your Saves list
Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11110 NW Ambassador Drive, I-29 & 112th Street - Exit #12, Kansas City, MO 64153   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Little Falls, New Jersey
“Candlewood in Kansas City MO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

If and when I get back to Kansas City MO to hook with the UNICO chapter out there, I will definitely stay again at this Hotel. The service, the front desk, the rooms, the location, the friendliness were all above expectation. The beds were the most comfortable. I even asked what brand so I could look for that mattress when I got home. A definite must stay again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your experience at our hotel and for posting those comments on this site for all to see.

Our "Comforts of Home" bedding package, along with our sateen sheets, with high thread count makes for a great night's sleep. We also offer different kinds of pillows for our guest
comfort.

Molte Grazie and we hope to see you again for next year's Festa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Rooms were clean and spacious and the price was right. No complaints. Staff was very helpful and made a great suggestion for dinner. Would a free breakfast been nice? Yes, but at the price how could they afford it. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We thank you for posting such nice comments about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your comments about the breakfast offering. Our franchise currently has no plans to add breakfast, however we do have several breakfast items in our Candlewood Cupboard that are for purchase.
Aiea, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place was so nice! The room was perfect, quiet and clean and well furnished. I slept better at this hotel than I did in the 4 star I had stayed in the week before. I really can't say enough nice things about it. The staff was wonderful, and the shuttle left for the airport right on time. I would definitely stay here again, anytime!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
We thank you very much for your review on our hotel. You paid us a very nice compliment and shared it with this site for all to see. Thank you. I will share your comments with the staff !
Pittsburg, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

The biggest down fall is that there is no breakfast in the am. You must buy from their little store for breakfast. I prefer staying at Comfort Inn right across the lot. Better price and includes breakfast.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review on our hotel. The breakfast issue has come up in the past and it's something Candlewood Suites corporate does not want to change. We must operate under their direction. We do offer many breakfast items in our 24 hour Candlewood Cupboard. It's a great way
to start your day.

PS: We own the Comfort Inn next door too!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

A couple of us from work reserved a room when a blizzard came through & left us unable to get home. They staff were great. Not only did we get into to our room earlier than normal but the great shuttle driver took us to work the next day & came back to get us at the end of our shift. Our only problem seem to be the snow removal in the parking lot. Whoever they had do it did not do a very good job. The poor maintenance staff had to keep going out helping folks dig out their cars. They were all very friendly & helpful. Wish they had some kind of breakfast offered but they had a well stocked "store" with good prices for items/food that you may want. They had a selection of dvd's you could "rent" for free & also free laundry in case you needed to get some done. Would definitely recommend them if you're coming to KC.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments on our hotel. You stayed with us during one of the worst snow storms for sometime. The airport had shut down for almost two days. It was very challenging
during this time. My staff thanks you for your kind words.

The problem with plowing the snow from parking lot is trying to move around so many parked cars and where to push all the snow so it does not block other cars in. We use a outside service to take care of all snow removal.
Naperville, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was in Kansas City on business. My meetings ran passed the last return flight of the day, so I booked a 6:30am flight for the next morning.

I wisely booked a hotel near the airport. Going through my corporate travel website, the Candlewood Suites came up as the cheapest approved hotel ($69/night). So I booked it. I am glad I did, I recommend it, and I'll likely come back.

The hotel is a suite style hotel geared for people who are spending multiple days or even weeks. My room had a small kitchen, a decent sized desk/work area, two double beds, and a normal sized bathroom. The room included free WIFI, but the network had iffy performance with my connection dropping too frequently. All pretty new..

The lobby had a good selection of microwave dinners, snack food, and soda pop for sale in snack shoppe space. Behind the front desk, they are renting free DVD. All pretty good, especially because...

This area around the airport has, like, no restaurants or familiar fast food places. Well, ok, there were two nice gas stations, and I suppose you could get gas station food, but not for me, not this trip.

For the morning of my flight, I choose to keep my rental car and parked it over night at the hotel. I was nervious about the hotel's shuttle van service. I didn't want to miss my flight. However, since the Kansas City airport is so efficient, I could have easily taken the shuttle van and returned the rental car the night before.

For reference, the shuttle van runs every 30 minutes, on the half hour. A 5am shuttle bus ride should be early enough for people to catch a 6:30am flight. (not sure about 6am, but probably ok).

Ok, now for a back-handed complement: My work collegues were teasing me that I must be staying at a real dive -- $69/night near the airport. Well, don't let the low price fool you. This is not a dive. It's a nice place and a fine location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
I personally want to thank you for sharing your detailed response for all to see. We really do appreciate it and we work hard to keep the customers we have and always are trying to get more to try us.

We are glad you were able to take advantage of some of the lower rates that we offer during
the first quarter, (winter months). Our rates are based on length of stay, the longer you stay the
rates get even better!

Yes, there are no restaurants around the hotel, but we do offer a free shuttle to Zona Rosa just
a few miles away were there are several restaurants, bars and shopping. This seems to work out well for our guests.

Thank you and we hope to see you again on a return trip.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We just needed a room for the night before flying back home. The hotel sent their shuttle as expected but the driver also offered, after dropping our things at the hotel, to take us to a large shopping area. We were grateful and located a fine place to eat and after spending the evening checking out the sights came when we called and picked us up. I really did not expect that kind of service for the amount we paid for the room. All the staff were very helpful and very nice. We will gladly recommend the Candlewood Suites if you need a very nice room at a great price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel for all to see.

One of the services we provide to our guests is to shuttle them to Zona Rosa, entertainment district. There guests will find shops, restaurants and lounges all within five minutes of the hotel.

Thank you for being our guests, please come stay with us again !

Been to Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!