“great staff & reasonably priced” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport

You added Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport to your Saves list
Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11110 NW Ambassador Drive, I-29 & 112th Street - Exit #12, Kansas City, MO 64153   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #28 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City, Missouri
“great staff & reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

A couple of us from work reserved a room when a blizzard came through & left us unable to get home. They staff were great. Not only did we get into to our room earlier than normal but the great shuttle driver took us to work the next day & came back to get us at the end of our shift. Our only problem seem to be the snow removal in the parking lot. Whoever they had do it did not do a very good job. The poor maintenance staff had to keep going out helping folks dig out their cars. They were all very friendly & helpful. Wish they had some kind of breakfast offered but they had a well stocked "store" with good prices for items/food that you may want. They had a selection of dvd's you could "rent" for free & also free laundry in case you needed to get some done. Would definitely recommend them if you're coming to KC.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments on our hotel. You stayed with us during one of the worst snow storms for sometime. The airport had shut down for almost two days. It was very challenging
during this time. My staff thanks you for your kind words.

The problem with plowing the snow from parking lot is trying to move around so many parked cars and where to push all the snow so it does not block other cars in. We use a outside service to take care of all snow removal.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Naperville, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was in Kansas City on business. My meetings ran passed the last return flight of the day, so I booked a 6:30am flight for the next morning.

I wisely booked a hotel near the airport. Going through my corporate travel website, the Candlewood Suites came up as the cheapest approved hotel ($69/night). So I booked it. I am glad I did, I recommend it, and I'll likely come back.

The hotel is a suite style hotel geared for people who are spending multiple days or even weeks. My room had a small kitchen, a decent sized desk/work area, two double beds, and a normal sized bathroom. The room included free WIFI, but the network had iffy performance with my connection dropping too frequently. All pretty new..

The lobby had a good selection of microwave dinners, snack food, and soda pop for sale in snack shoppe space. Behind the front desk, they are renting free DVD. All pretty good, especially because...

This area around the airport has, like, no restaurants or familiar fast food places. Well, ok, there were two nice gas stations, and I suppose you could get gas station food, but not for me, not this trip.

For the morning of my flight, I choose to keep my rental car and parked it over night at the hotel. I was nervious about the hotel's shuttle van service. I didn't want to miss my flight. However, since the Kansas City airport is so efficient, I could have easily taken the shuttle van and returned the rental car the night before.

For reference, the shuttle van runs every 30 minutes, on the half hour. A 5am shuttle bus ride should be early enough for people to catch a 6:30am flight. (not sure about 6am, but probably ok).

Ok, now for a back-handed complement: My work collegues were teasing me that I must be staying at a real dive -- $69/night near the airport. Well, don't let the low price fool you. This is not a dive. It's a nice place and a fine location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
I personally want to thank you for sharing your detailed response for all to see. We really do appreciate it and we work hard to keep the customers we have and always are trying to get more to try us.

We are glad you were able to take advantage of some of the lower rates that we offer during
the first quarter, (winter months). Our rates are based on length of stay, the longer you stay the
rates get even better!

Yes, there are no restaurants around the hotel, but we do offer a free shuttle to Zona Rosa just
a few miles away were there are several restaurants, bars and shopping. This seems to work out well for our guests.

Thank you and we hope to see you again on a return trip.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We just needed a room for the night before flying back home. The hotel sent their shuttle as expected but the driver also offered, after dropping our things at the hotel, to take us to a large shopping area. We were grateful and located a fine place to eat and after spending the evening checking out the sights came when we called and picked us up. I really did not expect that kind of service for the amount we paid for the room. All the staff were very helpful and very nice. We will gladly recommend the Candlewood Suites if you need a very nice room at a great price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel for all to see.

One of the services we provide to our guests is to shuttle them to Zona Rosa, entertainment district. There guests will find shops, restaurants and lounges all within five minutes of the hotel.

Thank you for being our guests, please come stay with us again !
Saint Joseph, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed two nights at this hotel. I had recently had a death in my family and wanted to be near the airport to make it easier to get family members picked up when their flights arrived. I needed an early check in so I phoned the hotel. Bobbie was wonderful. She told me to come to the hotel as early as I needed to and she would make sure I got checked in. Upon arrival I was greeted by Bobbie and she offered condolences to me and my family. She told me if there was anything the staff could do to help to let them know. This may seem like something small to them but I meant so much to me during this difficult time. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean (trust me I check everything, inside microwave/cupboards, lamp shades, baseboards, etc and I was impressed). The king size bed was very comfortable, had a large comfy recliner, and the work desk space was great too. Internet was fast and free and the full kitchen allowed me to prepare meals and keep snacks handy. They also have a 24 hr pantry where you can purchase items if you want a snack and don't want to travel out. The items were reasonably priced. Each staff member I encountered was friendly, asked if I was enjoying my stay, and if there was anything I needed. I will definitely be staying here whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
I want to thank you for your kind comments about our hotel and posting for all to see. In addition, thank you for letting me know about the service that you recieved from Bobbi, my Operations Manager. I will be sure to let her know how you appreciated the service she provided.

We wish your stay with us was under better circumstances. Thank you for being our guest.
Columbus, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

It was a clean, very comfortable room for an excellent value. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Since I was alone, tired, and not very hungry, a snack from the Pantry was perfect. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments so others can read about your experience at our hotel. We are glad that you found the hotel to be clean and a good value.

Our Candlewood Cupboard is a great amenity with our guests to purchase a meal or in your case, just a snack.

We appreciate your business and hope you stay with us again soon.
Idaho Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had made a reservation for me, hubby and dog. Upon checking was told dog's stay ( for 1 nite ) was $125! That wasn't identified on the website so I said forget it and proceeded to seek other accommodations. Since it was after midnight & we were leaving that morning, the clerk waved the fee so we stayed there. The rooms were nice, clean and we had a comfortable sleep. I later checked on that $125 pet fee and found the fee was only $20 per nite, $75 per week with a max of $150. Glad I didn't give in to extortion & all ended well.

• Stayed October 2012
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give a review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time
to let others know about your experience at our hotel.

I went to our web site to double check the information about our Pet Policy. We can not speak to what is on "other " web sites as the information is not provided by us. The information provided on our site was correct. 50 pound limit, per pet, cost per night is $20 per pet. And as we are a extended- stay hotel, we limit the expense to no more that $150 per stay. We are sorry about the confusion.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Convenient, Clean, Comfortable~! I was blown away at this find. The Front Desk Clerk was super from the time I called to find a room 3 hours away to checking me in and having just the room she told me I would have. I would LOVE to find this kind of place in ALL my travels. Thanks for a Great 3 day stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We really do appreciate you doing so and letting others see your comments. We strive to be a clean, well run extended-stay hotel. My team takes pride in keeping the hotel sparkling clean.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Kansas City !

Been to Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!