“Nice place but check facts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport

Save Saved
You added Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport to your Saves list
Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11110 NW Ambassador Drive, I-29 & 112th Street - Exit #12, Kansas City, MO 64153   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #25 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Idaho Falls
“Nice place but check facts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had made a reservation for me, hubby and dog. Upon checking was told dog's stay ( for 1 nite ) was $125! That wasn't identified on the website so I said forget it and proceeded to seek other accommodations. Since it was after midnight & we were leaving that morning, the clerk waved the fee so we stayed there. The rooms were nice, clean and we had a comfortable sleep. I later checked on that $125 pet fee and found the fee was only $20 per nite, $75 per week with a max of $150. Glad I didn't give in to extortion & all ended well.

• Stayed October 2012
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give a review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time
to let others know about your experience at our hotel.

I went to our web site to double check the information about our Pet Policy. We can not speak to what is on "other " web sites as the information is not provided by us. The information provided on our site was correct. 50 pound limit, per pet, cost per night is $20 per pet. And as we are a extended- stay hotel, we limit the expense to no more that $150 per stay. We are sorry about the confusion.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Convenient, Clean, Comfortable~! I was blown away at this find. The Front Desk Clerk was super from the time I called to find a room 3 hours away to checking me in and having just the room she told me I would have. I would LOVE to find this kind of place in ALL my travels. Thanks for a Great 3 day stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We really do appreciate you doing so and letting others see your comments. We strive to be a clean, well run extended-stay hotel. My team takes pride in keeping the hotel sparkling clean.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Kansas City !
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very clean hotel, close to airport but shuttle doesn't starttill 5am but driver is always there early if needing to go sooner. All the extras you need for a long stay also. free washer/dryer,grill outside kitchen and full size frige. Windows open for the freash air also. Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
We thank you for posting these nice comments about our hotel, we appreciate it! Our airport shuttle starts at 5:00am and runs till 11:00pm at night. We do have very prompt and dependable van drivers which is very important as our first airport shuttle always has guests
going to the airport early each morning.
NW Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on August 14 - 15, 2012.

The hotel was easy to see on the interstate, but is not marked on the interstate signs that list lodging at the various exits.

Upon arrival, I was disgusted to see staff smoking right out front of the door. Being a non-smoker, this is a turnoff for me. I do believe that that staff person was off duty.

When walking in, I was greeted as a Platinum Priority Club member, and thanked for my loyalty. I was given the keys to my room, and went in.

Everything in my room was clean, comfortable, and in working condition. I greatly appreciate the over abundance of outlets that are in the room.

The bed was comfortable, with pillows that worked for me! Blackout curtains in the room kept the light out. The airconditioning in the room worked well.

While there, I did do laundry (as this is free to all guests). One washing machine was full of HAIR! I did not use that one. Of the remaining two, one obviously needed some attention to the fabric softner dispenser, as it was very clogged. Dryers worked well.

Upon checkout, I was once again thanked for my loyalty, and greeted by name. I will return to this hotel when I am in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. As a IHG platinum member, you are one of our "special" guests. I will show your comments to my housekeeping staff regarding the condition you found our guest laundry in. That should never happen, and I am sorry that you found it that way.

Regarding you seeing a off-duty associate smoking in front of the hotel, we will address that immediately and should never have happened. Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel brand. We hope to have the opportunity to have you as our guest again.
north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a pretty nice hotel located near the airport (1 exit before) and is super convenient when I drive in to stay over before catching my next day flight. En route, there are a couple of gas stations nearby that are perfect for rental car fill-ups. The Candlewood is in a row of several hotels--its sign is actually pretty far back from the road so you have to look for it when coming in.

Staff is polite and responsive. My room is always clean and comfortable. I did have a problem with the honor system pantry that took a phone call to resolve, but it was taken care of promptly. (Next time, I'll pay cash at the front desk and not charge anything to the room.) For its rate and proximity to MCI, it's a great value and plan return visits as long as my business is bringing me through KC.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
We thank you for your nice comments regarding our Candlewood Suites. We are the new owners as of April 1, 2012. Our sign is back from the street a little farther than we would like,
however, regarding placement, it's a local city ordinance.

I'm glad that you had the chance to visit our Candlewood Cupboard. It's a great place to find a meal or a late evening snack. We look forward to seeing you again.
Bridgewater
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Great bargain priced hotel near KC Airport. Very large rooms, clean and comfortable. I enjoyed its location, easy to get to airport the next day, they have a free shuttle if needed, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Will return if ever back in KC

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments. Candlewood Suites is another great IHG hotel brand for extended-stay guests. We will continue to keep it sparkling clean and look for other ways to improve our service to you.
Stillwater OK, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Nothing bad to say about this hotel other than the parking was limited, but since I didn't drive it was no problem for me. Much better than the Candlewood Kansas City Northeast.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your kind comments that you have posted about our hotel, we appreciate it. When you share your experience about our hotel with others, that is the biggest compliment we can ask for.

We will keep it clean and well operated. We hope to see you again!

Been to Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!