“Full of character, great location, awesome service.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Savoy Bed and Breakfast
219 W. Ninth Street, Kansas City, MO 64105   |
Ranked #55 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Full of character, great location, awesome service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We just got back from the IHOP OneThing conference and choose to stay at the Savoy because of the location. The hotel was great! The price was very good for the location. This is a very old hotel with alot of character. The breakfast is amazing and the service is excellent. Best Lobster bisque and crab crepes ever! We definitely recommend this hotel and will be back next year.

• Stayed January 2013

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed at the hotel a few times and look forward to it every time we visit Kansas City. Just understand that it is an older hotel and will have some quirks. It is located a couple blocks from some jazz clubs and is attached to the Savoy Grill. The River Market and Power and Light district are also a few blocks away, so there are things to do and see in the area. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are quiet and relaxing. The best thing about the hotel is the breakfast and should not be missed. Sure I can scrambled eggs and pancakes, but why when I can have Eggs Benedict lobster bisque, lamb chops and crab meat crepes for breakfast!

• Stayed December 2012
Longboat Key, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Old, mysterious and a favorite place of mine. I had lamb chops every breakfast, and slep like a queen in my huge room with the enormous windows open. That said, my husband would hate it- he likes sleek and new. There is something so intiguing about this place. If you are expecting Holiday Inn, forget it. if you want to go back in time- enjoy!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I had the worse night sleep whilst staying at this hotel. The floors creaked, the pipes made clanking noises to loud to be ignored behind the bed head, the gas heaters made loud hissing noises every hr or so, there was a constant loud dripping coming from a pipe i could not locate to turn off and to add to all this the loud horns on the trains that were being used at all hours of the night ensured you woke from whatever shallow sleep you were in.
The room was fractionally acceptable but i slept fully clothed not wanting to get under the covers.
The windows are not double glazed therefore you hear everything from a conversation on the ground level to the bar music 2 blocks away.
The lobby was not tidy and the restaurant was unavailable for breakfast.
It got to a point of being so bad i contemplated leaving the hotel and going down the road to find another place for the night.
Im shocked that the rate for this place is so high!

Room Tip: I can only imagine rooms away from the street would be quieter but it still wont cancel out all the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
new jersy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed here for our anniversary and I knew it was an older hotel, but it sounded intriguing. I reserved the deluxe Victorian suite. First, I was directed to an elevator that looked and sounded like it was on its last leg. After getting off the elevator I took the wrong turn and found myself in a hallway full of closed up, boarded up old rooms. Very spooky and scary. No wallpaper, just peeling plaster. When we got to our rom, we found a smelly, mauve carpeted suite containing a broken old sofa and several mismatched furnishings that looked as if they were purchased at GoodWill. There was a fake fireplace with some fake flowers in it, there was one television, but because the couch was broken, we could not sit on it. There was no TV in the bedroom, so we could not watch TV unless we sat on the floor. I explained this to the woman at front desk before I left and she just said, "Oh, I'm sorry."

Now for the good stuff. We had a very good dinner at the Savoy Grille which is a beautiful space. We loved the breakfast, which was served in a very nice dining room by friendly, helpful wait staff. The lobster bisque is the best I've ever tasted. Everything was perfection. Just too bad about the room. Old and quirky is god. Dirty and broken is bad.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kaneohe, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed in the junior suite and it had alot of space to put our things and hang out for 3 nights. The breakfast was the best part and were served very promptly. The coffee was so good and eggs Benedict was super tasty with the grilled ham! Again, like others said, the steam heat was noisy. We did not know until the last night that it was haunted, but found no problems. Would stay again when back in town.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West side of the hotel are more modern than the east
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The staff and food are amazing! The hotel holds so much history that you feel like you are back in time and I loved that! The first two days, we experienced a few haunting things that we could pass off as something else but there were a few that we could not. Something whispered in my ear that it was time to get up and I looked around, nothing there. Then it said my name in a louder tone, and I, of course, shot up... Nothing was there. Then a friend saw a dog run and jump but before it landed on the bed, it disappeared. She literally threw herself against the wall and gasped. Among many other things that happened. I recommend this hotel and the restaurant. Whether it is the history, food, or hauntings... I recommend it.

Room Tip: Try the Caesar Salad and the desserts that have alcohol in it. Simply delicious!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Savoy Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!