“Very clean; staff is very professional.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors 2X Points Package
Ranked #9 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Belvidere, Illinois
“Very clean; staff is very professional.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've stayed here many times. The staff is always friendly and professional and the rooms are clean. You have to drive about 10 minutes in order to get to the majority of good places to eat, but that is not a problem since there is easy access to the highway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Abilene, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have a really hard time sleeping in a hotel. I am allergic to chlorine, any noise wakes me up, and I have a Temperic bed at home so sleeping on a regular mattress is really difficult. All that said we had a great time! The hotel was clean, the staff helpful, the breakfast was great, and it was quiet. The bed was comfortable and the linens were clean but didn’t overly smell of bleach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed here one night. Check in was fast and easy, and the lobby was comfortable. I did some work in the morning and it was (mostly) quiet. The room was typical Hampton - mid-size, mid-amenities, mid-age. The bathroom hadn't been cleaned very well. There were some hairs and dirt on the fixtures. No tub - only shower stall which wasn't quite level so water pooled on one edge.

There was a nice desk and office chair. Unfortunately, they put a big lamp, potted plant, telephone, binder with hotel info, and other clutter on the desktop so that you can't sit right down and work without moving and rearranging all the "extras". The bed was somewhat firm but the sheets and comforter were clean and I slept reasonably well. The heater was loud and cycled off and on pretty often.

Breakfast included a variety of hot and cold items. But beware if you want to eat healthy. There was a pot of oatmeal but it was thin and gummy and sticky. Bananas were green and apples had no taste. You might be safe with yogurt and cold cereal.

Parking was easy and free as was Internet. The hotel is located along I-435 so easy to find and get to but you also get a little traffic noise. Wendy's is next door and there's a gas station and convenience store half a block away.

There are a number of hotels along the street - I saw a Day's Inn nearby advertising $45 rooms so might be an option if you want to save money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Horton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We usually have reservations, but this was a 'drive in' stay after being on the road and stopping when we were tired. It was a good choice.

It is an older Hampton. The first room we were given had a broken shower door, but when I called the desk we were given the room next door immediately and it was just fine. The beds were super-comfortable, and the room was very clean and fresh, although the decor is a bit dated.

The pool is also a bit dated, and it has the roughest floor surface I have ever experienced. Still, the temperature was good and I enjoyed my swim, both evening and morning. In the morning maintenance had it closed for cleaning in the area at 6 AM, but when I expressed disappointment he took down the sign and allowed me to have my swim! I really appreciated that courtesy!

Good hot breakfast with waffles! :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Nice place, easy to find. Had a bit of an issue with our reservation upon check, and had to call the person who helped us make the reservation to get everything straightened out. After that the desk clerk would not acknowledge us or even look up from his computer. My husband came in with a load from our car and asked him where the room was all he would say was down the hall not even looking up from his computer. I came in from the car and not knowing which way my husband went asked him which way to our room. Twice. He did not answer or even look up from his computer.

• Stayed August 2012
Shelia O, Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City/near Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
I appreciate you alerting us to your experience. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service at check-in. This is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed and I have addressed these issues, including anticipating our guests’ needs, with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Marion
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Hampton Inn is glorious. Don't even bother looking elsewhere near Worlds of Fun. Worth the extra money for clean, quiet, modern accomodations with a full breakfast and plenty of seating. Our king room was a little small but gorgeous! Flat screen, super quiet A/C, fabulous bed with beautiful linens and great pillows. Large bathroom with walk in shower and luxurious towels. Staff was super efficient and friendly. Highly recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

The Hampton is a great value and I recommend it for the business person or the worlds of fun family. They have a fresh breakfast that is as good as any 4 star hotel. The room is clean and the towels are fresh. I love the clean bathrooms no uglies there. All things put together this is a great stay. Please enroll in the HHonors program it's wonderful. The stall at this hotel is excellent at what they do. They make you feel welcome and at home.
DMC Knox Tn

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Hampton Inn Kansas City/near Worlds of Fun? Share your experiences!