“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport

and 1 more site!
You added AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport to your Saves list
AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   560 Westport Road, Kansas City, MO 64111 (Formerly Q Hotel & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #42 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Dc
“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

I booked this online at the very last minute for travel to a conference and was amazed at how wonderful if all really was. The rate was comparable with all the name-brand hotels in the area (Holiday Inn at the Plaza, Best Western, etc) but I saw this was a green hotel and decided to go with it. From the minute I arrived in the cute neighborhood and walked into the quaint, charming lobby, adjacent to the bar, Jeremy at the front desk was incredibly nice and welcoming - told me I had just missed the 2 complimentary cocktails (from 5-7pm) that come with the room but if I wanted them he would make it happen. The very personable and hospitable Brandy, at the bar, was happy to oblige. This along with the hot fresh breakfast in the morning, gold's gym pass, periodical complimentary yoga classes and free prius shuttle made this hotel a home run. When I got in my room and saw my own personal brick balcony, I really thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Oh, also, it's a great location with lots of walkable restaurants, bars and grocery stores and another staff member who was awesome was Eric - very helpful and seemed like a jack of all trades. I almost wanna plan another trip to KC just to stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Bolivar MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

The Q Hotel & Spa was a great KC experience. My mother and me visited KC for the Chris Daughtry concert. We wanted a hotel within walking distance of the Sprint Center and the power light district, but they were too costly. We heard from a friend that the Q was really nice, priced fair, and had a free shuttle service to the concert. The hotel was beautiful, the staff was so nice, and the location was perfect.
The hotel offered 2 complimentary drinks, free wi fi, free parking, free breakfast (which was delicious!), free voucher to the gym next door, and the free shuttle to and from the concert. There were several restaurants within walking distance which helped our schedule a lot.
The negatives are not that bad either. The rooms are pretty small. I would not recommend a family with small children; there just isn't enough room for small kids to be kids. We also were supposed to be shuttled back to the hotel after the concert. As soon as the concert let out at 11:30 we called the hotel for pick up, and they told us that the shuttle dropped off the last group and the driver had turned in his keys for the night and left. They took our information (room #) when we left on the shuttle, so I would assume they would know that not everyone was back. Although this was a setback - the hotel directed us to a specific cab company and they did pay for the cab to bring us back to the hotel. They were very professional and apologetic for the situation.

I would recommend this hotel for about anyone, especially people going to any concerts at the Sprint Center.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
lathrop
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

My husband and I were staying for 12 yr wedding anniversary w/out our kids. The room was nicely decorated, but the tv was in a weird area off to the side of bed, so if watching one of us had to be laying down then the other sitting up. There was no shortage of hot water if anything it was hard to get cold water. Only bad spot was I went to get ice on 2nd floor and the ice machine was broke. I went down 1 floor to front desk who then informed me the ice machine was out and to go up to 3rd floor to get ice. Would have been nice if note on door to ice room on 2nd floor explaining where to get ice. The gals doing breakfast were AWESOME. They have wonderful attitude and the omelets and waffles they made were excellent, especially for no charge. Fruit was fresh & good. Very quite, my spouse said he heard some people on the street at 3 am which is when Westport Bars close, but not very loud or for very long.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

I was very impressed with this hotel. It is very stylish, clean, and the rooms are comfortable and well-appointed. It is located in a historic part of Kansas City where dining, entertainment, and shopping are within easy walking distance. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is a complimentary breakfast with made-to-order omelets, and delicious coffee from a local coffee bean roaster. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

I stayed at the Q Hotel for 3 weeks and was sad to leave! It felt more like a club I belong to rather than a hotel. It was different to all the usual chain hotels where you feel more like a commodity rolling through then a guest.
There are great bars and restaurants within a minute walk and if you need to go further they have a good shuttle service.
I like the fact they run the hotel to be as green as possible.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Lenexa, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

Overall this hotel has a good vibe for its contemporary feel, cleanliness and care taken to remodel it. Unfortunately, my husband booked it along with a couple's massage thinking we were going to get the spa experience. Beware....despite it's name, Q Hotel & "Spa", this hotel does not have a spa! They contract out services to a middle man. We were disgusted to find out when we got there, our therapists were a "no show." There was not a manager even present at the hotel to discuss options with us. Any other established hotel would've promptly called around town or had a backup plan and sent us to another spa to receive our services. But instead, they rescheduled us in the a.m. Being a new mom, this was the one chance I had to actually sleep in and we had to get up for 9 a.m. massage. Again, therapist was a no-show. I appreciate the simplicity of the hotel and like the unprententious feel of it but the service was not up to par. A manager never even called us because there wasn't one present our entire stay, we had to call him a week later! Their spa staff are clearly unprofessional and the hotel just offers the services in a designated room. I think it is very misleading that they tell people they have a spa. If you are not looking for spa treatment, visit this place. Decent price and good spot not far from downtown or plaza.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

I stayed at the Q for a week in February and April. It was a great experience, clean comfortable rooms. The staff is excellent in making you feel at home. They truly care about customer service. Lots of great restaurants in the area, recommend Mc Coy's:) The 2 drink tickets each night was great along with a wonderful breakfast in the morning. I will definetely stay at the Q again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport? Share your experiences!