“The Q Hotel is a gem of a hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport

and 1 more site!
You added AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport to your Saves list
AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   560 Westport Road, Kansas City, MO 64111 (Formerly Q Hotel & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #41 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Wilmington, DE
“The Q Hotel is a gem of a hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

Our group of 4 choose the Q Hotel during our recent trip to Kansas City to watch the Red Sox play the Royals because we liked the fact that it was a "green" hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised to find that it was not only enviro-friendly, but also so much more. From the moment we stepped in the door, the staff was friendly, efficient and accomodating. From the houseeepers to the general manager, everyone had a warm smile and was willing to do whatever it took to make our visit a more pleasant one. The decor was simply stunning. Our rooms were fresh and immaculately clean. The rates were unbelievably reasonable, especially when you consider the hotel provides a full free breakfast including made to order omelets, free happy hour, free shuttle service, and a beautiful lounge area with laptop computers and free wi-fi access. And on top of all this, the place is enviro-friendly. Located in Westport, just minutes outside downtown Kansas City, we were able to walk to some fantastic restaurants, shops and clubs and the free Prius shuttle was always available to take us to attractions not within walking distance. I just can't say enough about how absolutely fantastic the Q Hotel is and can't wait til my next visit to KC to say hey to Don, Clint, Marcus, Jamie, Vickie and the rest of the staff at the Q.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

I had stayed at the Q in June and found the Hotel to be average. The A/C was not working very well, and even with the thermostat set low, the room would not get very cool. This was a room on the second floor over the covered entry way. I returned in August to stay on the third floor. My room mate and myself check in, drop the bags off and go for some excellent BBQ. We return, hang out with some other colleagues for bit then go upstairs. At this point I had been up for about 18 hours and was very tired. I started to pull the sheets back and noticed a yellow stain on the duve' cover. This prompted me to look a little bit further. I found a very long hair on the sheets, under the duve'. I start looking more and find several more, about 10 long hairs. It had appeared as if the sheets had not been changed since the last stay. I was too tired to care at that point and wanted to just sleep. I finally made contact with the manager 2 days later to discuss the issues. His reply was kind and said he would look in to it. He asked what he could do to make it right, I said nothing, just look in to the situation. I seriously doubt anything was done. My room mate found a couple of dead bugs laying on his bed that same night. What a joke. I guess the eco green feel includes some extra guests in your room.
The toilet looks disgusting, even though it is "clean", it just looks gross. If you want to stay in an old rustic looking red bric building, then stay here. If you would like clean linens, up to date decor, and a little more for your money go some place else.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

The hallways and elevators were very very hot causing me to sweat on my way to breakfast each morning. Breakfast is in the basement and the door were open creating a humid and uncomfortable place. The staff look at you from the laundry room as the elevator doors open for breakfast also. You wonder if you are meant to go in and join them. I have not been to other hotel's in KC. This one tries to be hip and for the price really its not too bad. My bathroom was very very small and the tiles in the tub area had some black stains on them which I hate in hotels.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

If your wanting to stay here for the "spa", then dont bother. We stayed from Thursday to Sunday. In that amount of time no yoga was even offered. On Saturday we decided to try the spa services and were told they needed 24 hours advance notice, and they could only do it from 2 till 4. The hotel was more or less clean, but we did have to change rooms due to an ant infestation in our room. I don't mean i saw an ant in our room, I mean there were hundreds. I talked to 3 other people that reported ants in their room. Our first room had no handle for the temperature control in the shower. I had to use a pair of pliers I had in our car to adjust the hot water. The second room didn't have a shower handle either. The neighborhood was ok, kind of an old area of town i guess, and apparently there are some elements they REALLY wants to keep out judging by the concertina wire that was on top of the fence behind the hotel. My overall thought on the Q is, a place that is more interested in appearance's than substance.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
springfield, mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

my girlfriend and i stayed at the q for one night, after flying into kc airport. it was a very nice room.; there were up to date electronics (plasma tv, ihome on the night stand), nice showerhead, good a/c. the location is great, right in the heart of westport. it's only a two block walk to the best bar/restaurant in kc, mccoys/foundry. the free breakfast in the morning was great, with made to order omelettes and everything else you'd expect. the staff was helpful and friendly, and the parking is right there next to the hotel.

i would stay there again. my only complaint is that the $125 i paid after taxes and fees was a little steep.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

You'll be surprised.. I was. The hotel was perfect for what we needed as travellers. I couldnt wait to get to my room each night. Cozy, comfy, clean, all brand new, love the colors and the staff was very helpful and accomodating. It is walking distance from lots of local restaurants, bars and places to hang out. They even have a hotel car that will drop you off places. All around eco friendly hotel which was a plus I guess. Room is spacious. Bed comfortable with lots of pillows. I would highly recommend it. They even have complementary breakfast and 2 drinks at their bar.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

We stayed here for 1 night in November. I was going to a concert at the Sprint Center and the Q offered a free shuttle. It was wonderful! I didn't have to worry about finding the venue! Plus the hotel offerred free parking.

Our room was somewhat small, but comfortable. It's an Eco-Friendly hotel, which was pretty cool.

Breakfast was included in our rate & it was good!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family

Been to AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport? Share your experiences!