“Nice, New, Boutique” 4 of 5 stars
Review of AC Hotels by Marriott Kansas City Westport

You added AC Hotels by Marriott Kansas City Westport to your Saves list
AC Hotels by Marriott Kansas City Westport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   560 Westport Road, Kansas City, MO 64111 (Formerly Q Hotel & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #50 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
“Nice, New, Boutique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My experience was OK. It was a new boutique hotel. There is amazing scent that is released every time the main lobby doors open to welcome guests. The rooms were quiet, probably due the well off clientele this hotel attracts. The obvious atmosphere of the hotel is new and boutique, but functionality is to be desired in some areas. The double beds, are full not queen sized. The counter space in the bathroom is none existent, and the bathroom doors, although chic, and modern, do not provide much privacy when in the shower or relieving yourself. The breakfast was $14(not worth it). Staff was very accommodating. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Everything good. Renovated, great location, super clean, comfortable, affordable, free wifi and great service. If there was an issue it was the tepid water temp for showers and the $15 European breakfast (though well done).

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Boone
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We enjoyed staying at this month at this newly-opened hotel. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and the courtesy transportation to the Plaza area was prompt, professional, and congenial and much appreciated. The rooms are very clean, but the lighting was very poor--far too dim to shave, apply makeup, or work at the desk. Also, the shower area, although attractive, was quite claustrophobic and very small. (In addition, the door to the shower/ toilet area was frosted glass--no privacy.) Do note, too, the beds are only double beds or one queen--no king beds, I believe.

The bar was arranged nicely and very inviting to guests in the lobby area. Complimentary coffee and a pastry would offer a nice gesture to guests. We travel to KC frequently and might stay in the future, but at this point in time, other hotel options are, perhaps, a bit more "user-friendly."

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Hugh C, General Manager at AC Hotels by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hello and thanks for your review! I'm happy to hear that you liked our hotel, amenities, and service.I'm sorry to hear that you were not a fan of the bathroom.We actually do offer rooms with king sized beds and rooms with two double beds, as well as junior suites, I hope that when you return to Kansas City, that you will stay with us again and I can meet you in person.
-----Hugh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very modern and clean in both look and feel. Really love the vibe of this place! The location is great, too: food and drink options are plentiful in immediate walking distance.

But really it's the people who made the greatest impression. From the first smile from the valet to the above-and-beyond helpfulness of the service desk members, every person I met was a joy and made my stay better. I'll happily stay here again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Hugh C, General Manager at AC Hotels by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We do pride ourselves on service and I'm glad that we delivered! I'm glad that you like our sleek new hotel. Westport is a great neighborhood and has a lot to offer our guests. There are many restaurants and shops to choose from.
I hope I get a chance to meet you in person, when you return.
---Hugh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Beautiful rooms, amazing shower experience, comfortable bed, gorgeous room. The breakfast was the best breakfast I have ever had in a hotel. Ever. Buy the breakfast, you will not regret it. I will be coming back. Great location, too. The rain head shower was heaven. The room was very modern and the hotel was quiet. It is right across the street from World Market.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Hugh C, General Manager at AC Hotels by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, 6 days ago
I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear how much that you liked the hotel and especially the shower. We pride ourselves on our European heritage. I hope that you will return soon and look forward to meeting you in person!
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have been so impressed with this hotel. Not only are the accommodations top notch, modern, and clean, but the service is ON POINT. The ice machines weren't working and we requested a bucket from the front desk. They got busy and didn't get us the ice in time before we had to leave. When we made it back for the night we found a handwritten card in our room, along with a fresh bucket of ice, telling us they had paid for our breakfast the following day. At breakfast we got to meet David, the head chef, who was so passionate and wonderful. He even made us these special Nutella & coconut covered fresh strawberries. A++ experience at an incredible value. Can't wait to stay here again!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Wow, thanks for the great review! I'm sorry to hear about the ice situation, but I very happy to hear that our staff made it up to you. It's great to hear that our service is what made your stay A++. I hope that you will return soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a wonderful 2 night stay as a weekend getaway for my wife and I. The hotel decor is modern yet warm with a lot of wood tones. We were pleasantly greeted each time we came in the hotel when the staff was not busy.

The rooms are very modern, with a double sided mirror that is bathroom vanity on one side and a mirror toward the living area on the other. A frosted glass door leads to the bathroom. I appreciated that they have dual flush toilets and a very nice Grohe shower system with a really nice sleek linear drain. The feel in the bathroom is great.

The room itself is pretty normal size, with a sitting area that works great to read the paper (they had KC papers downstairs you could take up to your room). Lighting fixtures were all LED that I could see, and they had undercabinet lights that worked good for mood lighting or just leaving on as a nightlight.

Another really cool feature of the room that I've only seen in European hotels was the 'Master' switch. You could basically hit a switch at the door that kills all lights in the room. Perfect for leaving the room lighting as you wish and just hitting the switch to shut everything off as you leave.

The alarm clock was mini (perfect as everyone uses cell phones), there were nice LED reading lights on either side of the bed, and there were also USB charging outlets on each side.

There was also a small fridge with free water, and enough room to put a bottle or two of wine.

The staff here was just amazing, I would come back if only for that reason. They were extremely nice when we asked if we could take a corkscrew up to the room, had an excellent dining recommendation (Char Bar, walking distance, see my review there), and gladly came up to zip my wife's dress when she was dressing for our date and I was out (although who wouldn't want to do that). I cannot say enough about the staff.

Location is wonderful, you are of course close to some great eating in Westport and about a 5 minute drive from Country Club Plaza.

Room Tip: great couples hotel