“Modern and comfortable hotel with amazing staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AC Hotels by Marriott Kansas City Westport

You added AC Hotels by Marriott Kansas City Westport to your Saves list
AC Hotels by Marriott Kansas City Westport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   560 Westport Road, Kansas City, MO 64111 (Formerly Q Hotel & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #65 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Dallas, Texas
“Modern and comfortable hotel with amazing staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We had a wonderful 2 night stay as a weekend getaway for my wife and I. The hotel decor is modern yet warm with a lot of wood tones. We were pleasantly greeted each time we came in the hotel when the staff was not busy.

The rooms are very modern, with a double sided mirror that is bathroom vanity on one side and a mirror toward the living area on the other. A frosted glass door leads to the bathroom. I appreciated that they have dual flush toilets and a very nice Grohe shower system with a really nice sleek linear drain. The feel in the bathroom is great.

The room itself is pretty normal size, with a sitting area that works great to read the paper (they had KC papers downstairs you could take up to your room). Lighting fixtures were all LED that I could see, and they had undercabinet lights that worked good for mood lighting or just leaving on as a nightlight.

Another really cool feature of the room that I've only seen in European hotels was the 'Master' switch. You could basically hit a switch at the door that kills all lights in the room. Perfect for leaving the room lighting as you wish and just hitting the switch to shut everything off as you leave.

The alarm clock was mini (perfect as everyone uses cell phones), there were nice LED reading lights on either side of the bed, and there were also USB charging outlets on each side.

There was also a small fridge with free water, and enough room to put a bottle or two of wine.

The staff here was just amazing, I would come back if only for that reason. They were extremely nice when we asked if we could take a corkscrew up to the room, had an excellent dining recommendation (Char Bar, walking distance, see my review there), and gladly came up to zip my wife's dress when she was dressing for our date and I was out (although who wouldn't want to do that). I cannot say enough about the staff.

Location is wonderful, you are of course close to some great eating in Westport and about a 5 minute drive from Country Club Plaza.

Room Tip: great couples hotel
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tucson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I just don't know what their thinking by installing slick marble floors all over this hotel including entry, hallways, elevators and showers! But I don't think anyone is realizing that when it rains or snows or people take showers they become unsafe, slippery, and people fall hard!
Also having those cute sinks in the middle of the room with shallow basins just aren't practical, and overhead lighting is NOT good for personal grooming, shaving, makeup application, etc?
The Air conditioning in some rooms is so loud it sounds like an exhaust fan when it turns on, way too loud for many people to sleep!
Then there's problems with their new deadbolt key card systems on occasion my first room the deadbolt didn't work at all for two days, after the rain disaster I had to relocate rooms.
The new in room refrigerators are nice, but some are very noisy, again some cause problems sleeping they are so noisy!
Did I mention the slippery showers?
The cheap new sleek phones are NOT positioned near the bed but rather on the opposite wall with the desk....why?
The lighting next to the bed has light switches so small I couldn't even find them the first two days because it was night time and they're tiny!
The the windows that don't open actually allowed a great amount of rain into MY room one night, YES I woke up the next morning with a large puddle of water in my room after a thunderstorm that morning. They had installed new hotel windows, I guess that's an F!
I did try and speak with the Gen Mgr. who said they had only been open a couple of weeks and were still working out all the kinks and until people stayed there they just didn't know what was working and what wasn't. Well that's good if you're a guinea pig. I stayed for a week, I paid a lot of money, I did get a Marriott preferred rate, but I don't think I'll be back, after staying staying here for years as the Q, which I loved, I think they've got this place all wrong!
Nice bit screen LG TV's.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back of the hotel, free parking, supposedly a free shuttle van to nearby locations...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Hugh C, General Manager at AC Hotels by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your feedback. It was very nice speaking to you as well. We will utilize your comments as training opportunites and offer feedback to the brand. I hope that you will return and stay with us again.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

New Marriott property in a cool location with lots of restaurants and pubs. This's place is very Euro style and reasonablly priced. Location is perfect! And close to the Westport and Plaza nightlife. Free shuttle as well to close locations.

Great little lobby bar, marble and hardwood floors throughout. Each floor also has its own laundry facilty. Don't expect eggs and bacon for breakfast as this plac as this place has a great spread of meats, cheeses, soufflés, Croissants and Coffees. Staff extra helpful and kind!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Hugh C, General Manager at AC Hotels by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you very much for the great review!
I'm glad that you liked our sleek and modern design.
I hope that you will return again soon.
---Hugh
Champaign, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel looks great; good location; free parking, wifi.

But we were put in a room next to the elevators so the first night we heard the music from the elevator lounge all night long.
The second night we said something at the lobby. They were nice about it and said they would lower the sound. It didn't even matter. The room across from us had a bachelorette party and we could hear them until 2am. Half hour later the fire alarm went off. After it stopped, we heard every movement in the hallway for another hour or so.

That was pretty disapointing

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for your review! I'm sorry to hear of the noise issues that you experienced. We will certainly use this as a trining exercise.
I hope that you will return in the future and I'm glad that you liked our hotel.
sincerely,
-----Hugh
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I absolutely enjoyed my stay here. Honestly it's the best Marriott I've stayed at. I usually stay at the Marriott on the Plaza, but will definetely be switching it up to here everytime. The location is perfect for one, if you wanna be right in the middle of the bar and food action you could literally walk right out and be there, no car needed. The hotel itself was very sleek and renovated. I had no issues with feeling claustrophobic in the room, the rooms were about as normal size as any other hotel room. The amount of things I got in this hotel room that most marriotts or any other chain hotel don't offer with higher end quality, surprised me. New irons, a subzero like fridge that had a rapid cool mode, many different moods of lighting in the room, a flat screen TV. Everything was seriously on point and new. The shower was a walk in with a rainfall shower head, it was great! My only complaint is their method for providing ice. There is no ice machine anywhere, and I was frustrated going through every floor expecting to see a room that is called an ice room have to be refilled with ice in a drawer! Really inconvenient that I had to go to the bar to get ice because there wasn't any ice refilled in these "ice rooms". Other than that, everything else is well worth the stay.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Hugh C, General Manager at AC Hotels by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you very much for the great review! I really appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry about the ice station issue, but we are working on replacing them as we speak!
You should be seeing a lot more of these AC Hotels coming soon.
Please feel free to ask for me next time you're in town.
-----Hugh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked stay at ac for a wedding April 3-5. Hotel look nice and has nice location. Unfortunately, our shower produced no hot water, and the second "ceiling rain" shower head did not work. There is very poor insulation here so in the night we heard every door opening and closing, to make matters worse there was a domestic violence incident in the room above us that lasted from 12-330 in the morning and we heard screamung, shouting, crying and slaming, I think someone was killed. I called the front desk in the morning to report this and spoke with Jamille. She told me she would send a repair man, which she did but had no concern for getting no sleep because of poor insulation and unable to take a shower in the morning for the wedding, she offered us free contintial breakfast in the morning, not a good gesture of faith. Poor service by the front desk in fixing the problem gives them a poor review.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback.
I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay.
I can also assure you that nobody was injured here.
We'll review your comments and using them as a training tool.
----Hugh
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stay in hotels approximately 100 nights per year, maybe I've grown accustomed to certain service levels and room sizes. AC Hotel KC is a very new modern trendy style of hotel that has VERY attentive, friendly staff, an elegant feel and state of the art look. But the rooms are very claustrophobic, so much so that I couldn't stay more than one night. They will offer junior suites soon,( under construction when I stayed) I was on a weekend with my fiance, and relaxing was not to be had in the room.

Room Tip: If you want to relax after a day or night out, try the junior suite room. the stairs at the main flo...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Hugh C, General Manager at AC Hotels by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your feedback and staying at our hotel! I'm sorry to hear that you felt the rooms were smaller than you'd prefer. We appreciate all of the comments and glad that you liked the amenities and our staff. Please feel free to contact me at any time with further thoughts or suggestions.
----Hugh

Been to AC Hotels by Marriott Kansas City Westport? Share your experiences!