“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport

You added AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport to your Saves list
AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   560 Westport Road, Kansas City, MO 64111 (Formerly Q Hotel & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #41 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Waterloo, IA
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed at the Q with my girlfriend for three nights. We had a blast and great experience at the Q. The bed was comfortable, as were the pillows. Had a room with a jetted bath tub, microwave, and fridge. The complimentary drinks and breakfast were great. The coffee isn't the best though. The staff was extremely helpful and cordial. The location was great, within walking distance of great food(Mccoys pizza and mac and cheese, and everything at Beer Kitchen). The shuttle worked well for further trips. Missouri doesn't have open container laws, so you could take your adult beverage with you. The building is a little older and the interior has some updates needed, but it is all cosmetic. They also advertise their espresso bar in the morning. You can see the machine, but I never saw anyone there to make it.

For a couple or business travel I would recommend this hotel. For families, I don't think I would. The rooms aren't huge and there is no pool. Then again we stayed in a single bed room, and others may be larger. I will be staying at The Q Hotel and Spa on my next trip to KC.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
QHotelAdmin, Public Relations Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing The Q Hotel, Neil! We are working daily to enhance the experience for all of our guests and welcome your feedback.

Our staff prides itself on setting a high bar and we look forward to making your next stay with us even better!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Elizabeth, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Q Hotel & Spa is a nice hotel for a short stay. The rooms are clean, smell wonderful but are shaped oddly. For example, the bath is what you see first when entering the room not the sleeping quarters. Not a huge deal to complain about. What is nice about the hotel is their free breakfast with made to order omelets. The breakfast ends around 10:30 or 11:00 am and is served on the lower floor of the hotel. I have given the hotel 3 circles because there are limited activities around the hotel. There is a Gold's gym and a shopping area. Eateries here seem to come and then close but as of August 2013 there is a great burrito restaurant next door to the hotel that has great food for the $. The Q does offer spa treatments--but I am not privy to comment because I was at the hotel for only a night on business. The staff is extremely friendly and their is a shuttle from the airport which is a 20 minute ride. The hotel offers an array of services--including those for a wedding reception. There is also a bar in the lobby. Wi-fi works really well on all floors and access is secured via password. I would recommend this hotel especially for business.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
QHotelAdmin, Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! Next time you come to visit, make sure to check with the folks down at the front desk as they can direct you to all the area attractions. The Plaza is a great shopping area just to our South, Crown Center, Union Station, and the WWI Museum are just to our North. The Nelson-Atkins Museum and Kemper Museum are just East of us. All of these areas are close enough to walk to on a pleasant day, or a quick shuttle ride to.

We look forward to your next visit!

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel last week (really by accident). Room is OK, location is good, price is reasonable and bed is very comfortable. The biggest complaint I have is the weak water pressure in the shower (I was staying on the top floor, the lower floor could be better). The first room they gave me was next to the vending machine, and I can hear the low humming noise really loud in my room, so I went back to the front desk and they gave me a different room and everything was fine.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I am pleased to hear that the staff was attentive to your needs. Even if by accident, we appreciate that you stayed with us. Hopefully, and not by accident, you will choose to stay with us again!

Jackson, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I were in town for my high school reunion. We decided to stay at the Q because of location. The hotel is what I expected from a boutique hotel. The room was a nice size, and not your typical cookie cutter hotel room. The lobby staff could use a little polish when it comes to customer service skills, but they were efficient. We used the shuttle service once, and the driver was a nice guy and took us right where we wanted to go. The happy hour is great and the bartender is terrific. The hotel was packed to the gills because of a couple of wedding parties, but my husband and I made it work. The made to order breakfast is a good idea in theory, but it is organized chaos when too many people are in line for waffles and omelets. I never got my omelet on the first day because too many people were popping up to grab the next omelet when the cook called out that another omelet was ready. We loved the location and walked to many places in Westport. It was great to see that Westport is still active after all of these years. We enjoyed our stay at the Q.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us here at The Q Hotel + Spa. Things can get busy around here when we are a full house, and do our best to make everyone's stay a good one. We are very lucky with our location and all it has to offer. I am glad you were able to take it all in.

Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Q Hotel is right in the heart of Westport thus close to a variety of restaurants and bars. It is also convenient to The Plaza.

This hotel is a little "worn around the edges" so to speak but for the price and location provides great value. Our room was clean and the beds and bedding comfortable.We did not experience, big parties like others noted. Most of the clients seemed to be pilots and flight attendants.

The most impressive attribute of the Q Hotel and Spa is their staff. From the check in to the bartender to the breakfast cook they were all friendly and helpful. As noted in the hotel information, two free drinks are provided in the evening and the bartender did not skimp on the alcohol as expected with a free drink. The free breakfast was enjoyable because of the food and the interaction with the cook who would call out your omelet when it was ready based on your ingredients, she is a "classic". At first perhaps she seems gruff but she is really not. She is just one of the folks that you always remember on your travels which makes me remember the her and the Q Hotel fondly!

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not overlooking the street.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Everyone here appreciates the fact that their interactions with the guests don't go unnoticed. And, again, I will make sure the Breakfast Crew knows that they are getting high marks for their efforts! We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Manhattan, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was very excited with this hotel being "green" since I work for an environmental organization. When I first entered my room, it was nice seeing the shampoo/conditioner/body wash dispenser in the shower. The coffee cups by the coffee maker were biodegradable.

When we went down for breakfast I was very excited to see real plates were being used, but disappointed that the glasses for juice was plastic (can't remembered what kinds of cups were used for coffee). They had recycled bins, but the signs were so low (way out of eyesight), folks thought they were trash bins, Need to put the signs up further so folks know what they are.

Was a bit disappointed in the size of room, but it is an older hotel. It was okay to stay at, since we were there for a wedding. Thumbs up to the person making the omelets for breakfast. She was amazing!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
You make some very good points, and I will personally follow up on those. We do have an eco-plan in place and follow it to the best of our abilities.

Breakfast is always a good start to the day, and the ladies in charge do a great job! I will make sure that they receive the compliments.

Springfield, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I travel the country, staying in hotels weekly. Although I have stayed in much more upscale hotels, The Q Hotel has the best customer service, hands down.
Ashley is one of the best bartenders in KC and always friendly to talk with.
Luther has always been professional and Donald has had to email me a lost receipt for my expense report on more than one occasion, and always seems happy to help.
When you travel as much as I do, these little things add up to mean a lot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing us as your go-to spot in Kansas City! We have great amenities here at The Q Hotel + Spa, but it is our Customer Service that really seems to make a difference. It is always nice seeing a returning guest. I know that Ashley and Donald enjoy the compliments, as well as I do.

lsolomon@theqhotel.com

Been to AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport? Share your experiences!