“Cool atmosphere, warm welcome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport

Save Saved
You added AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport to your Saves list
AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   560 Westport Road, Kansas City, MO 64111 (Formerly Q Hotel & Spa)   |
Georgia, USA
“Cool atmosphere, warm welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We met up with friends over the winter holidays in Kansas City and found the Q online. They were offering a "2 nights for 1" special, so that attracted us, along with the free parking, shuttle service to area attractions and restaurants, complimentary happy hour and hot breakfast. We were not disappointed. The staff was very friendly and accommodating; the facilities were clean and updated. A fire was going the entire time in the lobby fireplace, which made it very cozy. The hotel is located in the Westport district, so restaurants are accessible on foot. The shuttle was still handy, though, for places a bit farther away (it has a 2 mile radius, I believe). We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
QHotelAdmin, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for posting your kind review of our hotel. I am so glad that our staff and amenities made your stay enjoyable! (The shuttle has a 3-mile radius).

The Buy 1 Get 1 special runs through February 28th! Maybe we will see you again before then.

Travis Vathauer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We booked Q but then was told it was in a bad part of town so we cancelled it and changed locations. Luckily, the Q was still available so we switched back and we are so glad we did. Other family members stayed at the Q too and all of us were impressed. While the rooms are a bit small (think European singles), the service was excellent. The continental breakfast was a highlight of our stay. Made to order omelets and waffles drew large crowds so don't wait to the last minute. While I would have liked to see vegan options like soy milk, it was refreshing to see that level of recycling.
The shuttle service was another added bonus. They were quick with getting a shuttle for us when we needed to get somewhere last minute.

We will certainly book the Q again the next time we visit KC.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Your review was very kind. I am so happy you decided to switch back to our hotel. The Westport area is not nearly as bad as its reputation. The local businesses have worked hard to make sure it stays safe.

Also, I will look into some more vegan options for our breakfast!

Hope to see you again soon

SEK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have stayed at the Q in the past on our anniversary so we decided to stay there again this year. Shortly after our arrival we were greeted with a complimentary bottle of champagne. As always the staff was great and very accomodating. Shawn Duke, hotel manager, was very gracious as always (and will be sorely missed). It's always great having local transportation provided. The stay was fantastic. Thanks!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay over your anniversary. We work hard to make sure our staff is one of the best. Yes, Shawn will be missed by guests and co-workers a like.

Hope to see you again soon

Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Q for 4 nights while visiting family in the area. We enjoyed our stay and will return to Q. It was different than the usual hotel with its Eco-friendly atmosphere which is expressed in many ways--- their Prius, recycling, bulk soap dispensers in the shower. We especially enjoyed the service. All the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Upon arrival, they had an extension cord for our Volt so we could charge it during our stay. The breakfast staff was wonderful---Brandi makes great omelets. The location is convenient to the Plaza and Westport. The lobby area with its fireplace was a warm place to gather for conversation. We were Quite happy with the Q.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
QHotelAdmin, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind review of our property. We work extra hard to make sure every guest leaves as satisfied as you all were. I will also make sure Brandi sees the positive review!

Shawn Duke
Rogers, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the "Q" very much. The evening Cocktail hour was marvelous. We had a couple of glasses of wine by the big fire place in the little area just off the lobby. Everyone one was so friendly. Rooms were clean. It was close to everything we wanted to see.

Breakfast was very good made to order omletes and waffles.

Room Tip: I recomend requesting rooms on 2nd and 3rd floors. We stayed on 1st and he\ad stairs to contend with...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
QHotelAdmin, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel! We have just redone our wine list as well, so be sure to check that out on your next visit!
Unfortunately, yes our first floor rooms do have 4 steps, to get those hallways. All other floors are accessible from the elevator without steps!
See you again soon

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

From the moment that Tiffany picked up the phone at the front desk to book my room I knew The Q was the place to be. I can't even think about staying anywhere else the next time I'm in Kansas City, but the next place I stay in another town has some pretty big shoes to fill.

Not only was the staff really fun and friendly, they gave some killer recommendations for bars, restaurants, and city events. Any questions I threw at them, they had answers for or were more than willing to find out for me. On top of just doing their jobs really well, I loved this staff because they were always game for a laugh.

The room was great. I'm not sure if the "sound problems" other people said they were having have since been fixed, but our room was quiet. I loved the design because it was modern but really comfortable. The room had loads of space, with plenty of room for all our things, but also just a nice roomy feel. And the bed? Forget about. So soft, great pillows, great sheets, the whole shebang.

Let's talk location, shall we? I think we took a cab twice. You can walk everywhere. There's great food, booze, shopping, and coffee all within walking distance. We were there when it was snowing and it was gorgeous to be out on the winding, hilly streets going from place to place.

I really can't say enough great things about the staff. The great room and location were more of a bonus than anything else after getting to talk with everyone who works there.

Finally, ladies and gentleman, all I'd like you to know is you'd be a fool to stay anywhere else in Kansas City.

Room Tip: The King Sofa was wonderful!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarah-
Thank you for such a nice review of the staff, and Tifani in particular! Since joining us a few months ago, she has been a wonderful addition! I am glad you found the whole neighborhood so enjoyable, yes there is plenty to eat and drink in the 5 blocks surrounding us.

Hope to see you return soon!

Winchester, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I tried the Q during a recent kansas City stay because it advertised itself as green (something I don't see in many hotels), had attractive rates, and was located in a great neighborhood. While checking in, I was immediately happy with my choice; the desk staff was incredibly friendly, welcoming, and helpful, whether in getting directions or recommendations for restaurants. The breakfast staff (for the FREE breakfast) was infallibly cheerful and prepared some of the best omeleets I have had in years. My room was not large, but was not as small as some rooms I have had in NYC or Chicago and was kept very clean. If I was to complain of anything at all, it would be the use of built-in dispensers for shampoo etc in the shower. I know using bulk is far greener than providing individual toiletries, but I also enjoy bringing home little remembrances of where I stay! I would definitiely stay at the Q again when I go to KCMO.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay on our property! We work to make sure our front desk agents are at the top of their game, and as my stomach can attest, the omelets are delicious!
Sorry, that you did like the bulk dispensers, the elimination of plastic bottles is one point in our 38-point Eco Plan as part of our Green Initiative. I will put some thought into finding something else for guests to take with them as remembrance though.
Thanks for the idea!

Front Office Manager

Been to AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport? Share your experiences!