“Loved the Green Idea” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Rogers, Arkansas, United States
“Loved the Green Idea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the "Q" very much. The evening Cocktail hour was marvelous. We had a couple of glasses of wine by the big fire place in the little area just off the lobby. Everyone one was so friendly. Rooms were clean. It was close to everything we wanted to see.

Breakfast was very good made to order omletes and waffles.

Room Tip: I recomend requesting rooms on 2nd and 3rd floors. We stayed on 1st and he\ad stairs to contend with...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
QHotelAdmin, Front Office Manager at Q Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel! We have just redone our wine list as well, so be sure to check that out on your next visit!
Unfortunately, yes our first floor rooms do have 4 steps, to get those hallways. All other floors are accessible from the elevator without steps!
See you again soon

512 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

From the moment that Tiffany picked up the phone at the front desk to book my room I knew The Q was the place to be. I can't even think about staying anywhere else the next time I'm in Kansas City, but the next place I stay in another town has some pretty big shoes to fill.

Not only was the staff really fun and friendly, they gave some killer recommendations for bars, restaurants, and city events. Any questions I threw at them, they had answers for or were more than willing to find out for me. On top of just doing their jobs really well, I loved this staff because they were always game for a laugh.

The room was great. I'm not sure if the "sound problems" other people said they were having have since been fixed, but our room was quiet. I loved the design because it was modern but really comfortable. The room had loads of space, with plenty of room for all our things, but also just a nice roomy feel. And the bed? Forget about. So soft, great pillows, great sheets, the whole shebang.

Let's talk location, shall we? I think we took a cab twice. You can walk everywhere. There's great food, booze, shopping, and coffee all within walking distance. We were there when it was snowing and it was gorgeous to be out on the winding, hilly streets going from place to place.

I really can't say enough great things about the staff. The great room and location were more of a bonus than anything else after getting to talk with everyone who works there.

Finally, ladies and gentleman, all I'd like you to know is you'd be a fool to stay anywhere else in Kansas City.

Room Tip: The King Sofa was wonderful!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarah-
Thank you for such a nice review of the staff, and Tifani in particular! Since joining us a few months ago, she has been a wonderful addition! I am glad you found the whole neighborhood so enjoyable, yes there is plenty to eat and drink in the 5 blocks surrounding us.

Hope to see you return soon!

Winchester, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I tried the Q during a recent kansas City stay because it advertised itself as green (something I don't see in many hotels), had attractive rates, and was located in a great neighborhood. While checking in, I was immediately happy with my choice; the desk staff was incredibly friendly, welcoming, and helpful, whether in getting directions or recommendations for restaurants. The breakfast staff (for the FREE breakfast) was infallibly cheerful and prepared some of the best omeleets I have had in years. My room was not large, but was not as small as some rooms I have had in NYC or Chicago and was kept very clean. If I was to complain of anything at all, it would be the use of built-in dispensers for shampoo etc in the shower. I know using bulk is far greener than providing individual toiletries, but I also enjoy bringing home little remembrances of where I stay! I would definitiely stay at the Q again when I go to KCMO.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay on our property! We work to make sure our front desk agents are at the top of their game, and as my stomach can attest, the omelets are delicious!
Sorry, that you did like the bulk dispensers, the elimination of plastic bottles is one point in our 38-point Eco Plan as part of our Green Initiative. I will put some thought into finding something else for guests to take with them as remembrance though.
Thanks for the idea!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I booked this hotel because it sounded appealing. While the staff members were welcoming and the lobby nicely appointed, it fell flat after that. The room was spartan (not a problem) but the noise level from other guests was an issue. When I am in bed and can hear my neighbor going to the bathroom, that's a problem. I'm not sure why but the entire floor smelled like raw onions to the level that it seeped into my clothes. Had I known what I know now, I would have spent more to get some rest and peace and quiet. Oh well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
QHotelAdmin, General Manager at Q Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
I am sorry that your stay was not as enjoyable as you had hoped! We work hard to make sure that every guest leaves with a positive experience.
We occasionally to have some "exuberant" guests, but we do have security patrols that monitor the building, and should have put a stop to it.
If you would want to contact me to discuss the issues further, I would appreciate it so that changes could be made.

Shawn Duke
sduke@theqhotel.com
Stilwell, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This Hotel was one of the best I've stayed in the Kansas City area. It had cozy feel to the hotel and had a lot of history. The thing that I could appreciate most, was the customer service. It was late and I needed a place to stay with my wife, who was feeling under the weather. We stopped at the Q hotel and spa in west port because I had heard great things about it. While checking in, a young man by the name of Trey Moravek had noticed my wife was feeling uneasy and helped her find a seat. After we had booked the room the young man helped assist my wife to the room and and helped carry our bags. When we had reached our room I was so grateful for his help and outstanding service I offered him a generous tip that he refused to take. He told me that it was not needed and that he was just doing his job the best way he knew how. He said that he was just happy he could help and gave me his name and where I could find him if I needed anything else. This gentleman made all the difference in my stay, I did not see him the next day when we checked out, but was very Impressed by the integrity, modesty, and kindness this young man portrayed. I would assume the entire staff would have done the same, but am truly grateful this young man was working that night. The hotel speaks for itself when it has great customer care! this hotel has earned my up most respect and I would recommend it to anyone! Thank you again for everything!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wow! Thank you for the such kind review of our staff. We work hard to go the extra mile for every guest. (I do hope your wife is okay!)
I will make sure Trey sees this very positive review of his work. He has become a very valued employee since joining our team a couple of months ago.

Thanks again, and hope to see you soon.

Riverdale, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I had the opportunity to spend a week in Kansas City and the Q Hotel (located in the Westport Area) was recommended by our hosts. Upon arrival, I was greeted with a hearty smile and my check-in was processed quickly and smoothly. Every employee I encountered served me (and other guests) as if the hotel was their own personal property and business. I will personally remember Shawn, Travis, Trey, Matt, Nora, Barbara, Rita, Beverly, Steve, and Ashley, who all went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable.

The Q Hotel boasts being environmentally friendly and has several "green" initiatives in place.
The room rates are very reasonable and the rate even includes breakfast (omlettes and waffles made to order) and a "Manager's reception" in the evening (with two complimentary drinks per person). In addition, the hotel gives it's interested guests daily passes to Gold's Gym, which is right around the corner.

The hotel also has a couple of shuttles that will take guests to and from destinations within a 3 mile radius, at no cost.

Environmentally-friendly, clean, a good value, and Exceptional Customer Service. This staff really understands what it takes !!! I'm already looking forward to my next visit to Kansas City.

Room Tip: Business suites offer a mini refrigerator and microwave oven.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
QHotelAdmin, Front Office Manager at Q Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. I am very pleased to know that so many members of our staff stood our for you! I am also glad that you noticed some of the many green initiatives we have implemented on the property, we are constantly trying to maintain an eco-friendly travel footprint.

Hope we get to see you again soon!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I chose this hotel for a group of women who were price conscious and wanted to stay in an area where they would not have to drive. The Q hit the nail right on the head. They have 2 Toyota Prius and 2 15 passenger vans to shuttle folks all around from their convenient Westport location. The staff is exceptionally friendly and made sure everything was in order for my guests upon arrival. I checked all the rooms and made sure they were ready for the arrival. The complimentary cocktails in the evening and the cooked to order breakfast were great bonus features that gave more added value for the money. There were obviously many return guests who knew the staff well and the staff knew them. We did not use the spa but it looked clean and welcoming. I had just had a group at the Opryland Hotel and it is so mixed up and the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing that this was a very welcome change.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a whirlpool tub and shower. IF that is important, please ask for one.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
QHotelAdmin, General Manager at Q Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
I am so glad to hear that your group enjoyed their stayed at the hotel! We work hard to make sure every guest has the same welcoming experience, but it is always nice to know we can make everyone in the group happy.

Hope to see you again soon!

Shawn Duke

Been to Q Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!