“Not so rejuvenating” 3 of 5 stars
Review of AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport

You added AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport to your Saves list
AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   560 Westport Road, Kansas City, MO 64111 (Formerly Q Hotel & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #45 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Coral Gables, Florida
“Not so rejuvenating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I booked this hotel because it sounded appealing. While the staff members were welcoming and the lobby nicely appointed, it fell flat after that. The room was spartan (not a problem) but the noise level from other guests was an issue. When I am in bed and can hear my neighbor going to the bathroom, that's a problem. I'm not sure why but the entire floor smelled like raw onions to the level that it seeped into my clothes. Had I known what I know now, I would have spent more to get some rest and peace and quiet. Oh well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
QHotelAdmin, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
I am sorry that your stay was not as enjoyable as you had hoped! We work hard to make sure that every guest leaves with a positive experience.
We occasionally to have some "exuberant" guests, but we do have security patrols that monitor the building, and should have put a stop to it.
If you would want to contact me to discuss the issues further, I would appreciate it so that changes could be made.

sduke@theqhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Stilwell, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This Hotel was one of the best I've stayed in the Kansas City area. It had cozy feel to the hotel and had a lot of history. The thing that I could appreciate most, was the customer service. It was late and I needed a place to stay with my wife, who was feeling under the weather. We stopped at the Q hotel and spa in west port because I had heard great things about it. While checking in, a young man by the name of Trey Moravek had noticed my wife was feeling uneasy and helped her find a seat. After we had booked the room the young man helped assist my wife to the room and and helped carry our bags. When we had reached our room I was so grateful for his help and outstanding service I offered him a generous tip that he refused to take. He told me that it was not needed and that he was just doing his job the best way he knew how. He said that he was just happy he could help and gave me his name and where I could find him if I needed anything else. This gentleman made all the difference in my stay, I did not see him the next day when we checked out, but was very Impressed by the integrity, modesty, and kindness this young man portrayed. I would assume the entire staff would have done the same, but am truly grateful this young man was working that night. The hotel speaks for itself when it has great customer care! this hotel has earned my up most respect and I would recommend it to anyone! Thank you again for everything!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
QHotelAdmin, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Wow! Thank you for the such kind review of our staff. We work hard to go the extra mile for every guest. (I do hope your wife is okay!)
I will make sure Trey sees this very positive review of his work. He has become a very valued employee since joining our team a couple of months ago.

Thanks again, and hope to see you soon.

Riverdale, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I had the opportunity to spend a week in Kansas City and the Q Hotel (located in the Westport Area) was recommended by our hosts. Upon arrival, I was greeted with a hearty smile and my check-in was processed quickly and smoothly. Every employee I encountered served me (and other guests) as if the hotel was their own personal property and business. I will personally remember Shawn, Travis, Trey, Matt, Nora, Barbara, Rita, Beverly, Steve, and Ashley, who all went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable.

The Q Hotel boasts being environmentally friendly and has several "green" initiatives in place.
The room rates are very reasonable and the rate even includes breakfast (omlettes and waffles made to order) and a "Manager's reception" in the evening (with two complimentary drinks per person). In addition, the hotel gives it's interested guests daily passes to Gold's Gym, which is right around the corner.

The hotel also has a couple of shuttles that will take guests to and from destinations within a 3 mile radius, at no cost.

Environmentally-friendly, clean, a good value, and Exceptional Customer Service. This staff really understands what it takes !!! I'm already looking forward to my next visit to Kansas City.

Room Tip: Business suites offer a mini refrigerator and microwave oven.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
QHotelAdmin, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. I am very pleased to know that so many members of our staff stood our for you! I am also glad that you noticed some of the many green initiatives we have implemented on the property, we are constantly trying to maintain an eco-friendly travel footprint.

Hope we get to see you again soon!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I chose this hotel for a group of women who were price conscious and wanted to stay in an area where they would not have to drive. The Q hit the nail right on the head. They have 2 Toyota Prius and 2 15 passenger vans to shuttle folks all around from their convenient Westport location. The staff is exceptionally friendly and made sure everything was in order for my guests upon arrival. I checked all the rooms and made sure they were ready for the arrival. The complimentary cocktails in the evening and the cooked to order breakfast were great bonus features that gave more added value for the money. There were obviously many return guests who knew the staff well and the staff knew them. We did not use the spa but it looked clean and welcoming. I had just had a group at the Opryland Hotel and it is so mixed up and the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing that this was a very welcome change.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a whirlpool tub and shower. IF that is important, please ask for one.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
QHotelAdmin, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
I am so glad to hear that your group enjoyed their stayed at the hotel! We work hard to make sure every guest has the same welcoming experience, but it is always nice to know we can make everyone in the group happy.

Hope to see you again soon!

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Nora is the wedding block coordinator at the Q Hotel in Westport and she is an absolute dream to work with. She is so accommodating, responsive, sensitive to needs and friendly. I found that, at some point, all the hotels I was looking at were similar but I really enjoyed working with her so I was sold on the Q.

The Q did provide complimentary breakfast, parking, wireless internet and happy hour drinks for our guests. Also, they offer a free (first come, first serve) shuttle service for hotel guests within a certain mile radius. You can also reserve a shuttle for a fee. If you end up having a lot of people stay at the hotel that will utilize shuttle to get to/from venues, I would recommend reserving one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
QHotelAdmin, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
I am so glad you were pleased with our hotel for your wedding guests. Nora and our whole sales and guest relations teams work extra hard to make that day all the more special!
Hope to see you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

We were told about this place by a friend, and he didn't steer us wrong! The staff was very courteous and helpful. They offered an excellent full breakfast! Could even order your own freshly made omelets! Rooms were nicely decorated, though a bit small. Parking was very convenient. For the money, this hotel is hard to beat!

• Stayed November 2012
QHotelAdmin, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
I am so glad your friend recommended us to you! We love the word of mouth advertising.

Remember, now that you have stayed with us to ask for the "Repeat Guest Rate" when booking your future reservations.

Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Around 4:00AM the morning of our second night an intruder attempted to enter our room. What was strange was that the intruder had a key that allowed the door to be pushed open. Thank GOD for the security latch. We called the front desk and described the situation, the clerk arrive several minutes later and escorted the intruder out of the hall. However, the front desk never called back to our room or sent anyone to the room to see if we were okay. No one offered an explanation as to how this person had a key to our room. When we checked out a day early (because of the incident) no one asked why, or if there was anything that could be done. This absolute disregard for our safety is inexcusable. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
QHotelAdmin, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Michael C.--

I want to first of all apologize wholeheartedly for such an inexcusable incident occurring in the hotel. This is absolutely unacceptable. All desk personnel are trained on the appropriate ways to issue extra keys, etc., and thus obviously a major error was made.
In hopes of allowing me the opportunity to apologize in person and to make sure this type of incident never occurs again, I need some more details on when you stayed, etc. If you would be so kind as to email or call me, I would like the chance to make this up to you!

The Q Hotel + Spa
travisv@theqhotel.com
816.714.7002

Been to AC Hotel by Marriott Kansas City Westport? Share your experiences!