We were fortunate to stay in this property for 3 nights, on a 3 week road trip of the U.S. that included 13 States and 18 different hotels. This was by far the best and one of the nicest places we have stayed globally. The lobby is tiny but tasteful; the rooms are large and comfortable with every kind of attention to detail; beds super comfortable with the highest quality of sheets; staff is fantastically trained and courteous; location is across the street from high end shopping; parking is FREE. The Chaz restaurant is a fun place for drinks and for all meals. The breakfast we had there was delicious. Scott was the best bartender we had on this trip and was fully informed of what to do/see in the city - a perfect travel partner for our trip, his drinks perfect and his German impressive! As we left the hotel we experienced an unfortunate situation that will go unwritten (because I don't want to detract from the hotel experience) but the hotel has assumed full responsibility and is working with us very professionally and efficiently to remedy the situation. First class all the way and it deserves all the outstanding reviews it receives. Not sure I will ever return to KC but if..the Raphael is the only place I would stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Raphael Hotel is an elegant, charming boutique accommodation modeled on the finest small European hotels. Readers of Travel+Leisure voted The Raphael Hotel one of the 2014 T+L 500 World's Best Hotels. With a combination of a significant historic landmark, vintage hospitality, and individualized service, this Kansas City luxury hotel delivers a unique destination experience in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri's famed Country Club Plaza.The hotel's signature restaurant, Chaz on the Plaza, is noted for its intimate, romantic atmosphere and its distinct brand of modern, regional American cuisine. Menus offer a concise, yet diverse variety of appetizers, salads, soups, entrees and desserts. Signature items include fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, and a hand-cut, wet-aged prime beef Kansas City strip steak that advances Kansas City's beef reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Kansas City