This is one of the cutest, romantic, and most professional boutique hotels that I have ever stayed at. I have stayed here with my husband multiple times and we have never had a bad experience.
Arrival starts with a friendly greeting with a warm smile from the valet staff. You can self park or valet for free (the valets appreciate the tip though and it's well earned!) When you check in, the front desk staff are always so friendly and accommodating. We have never actually asked for a room upgrade but when available (especially if you are staying for any special occasion such as a birthday or anniversary) they have given us a free upgrade without us asking! It's always such a nice surprise when it happens!
I have not had the pleasure of eating in the restaurant but have heard good things. My husband and I have gotten room service before and both feel it was above average. The bathrooms have always been clean and the beds always comfortable. If we have ever had an issue in one of the rooms, we've alerted the front desk and they look to fix the problem ASAP!
Checking out is always a smooth process as well. Maybe we have just been lucky with timing,but we have never had to wait in line to check out. The process was always quick and painless, just the way we like it.
The location of the hotel is fantastic. You can walk right across the bridge to the Plaza (outdoor shopping location) that has a wide variety of shops and restaurants as well as a movie theater. There is so much to do within walking distance of the hotel.
This is a historic hotel so you do have to be realistic about some of the building's features (i.e. the elevators are cozy). Clearly the staff at The Raphael keep a well maintained, well lit, and comfortable hotel that wins my husband and I over every time. Their rates are always reasonable when you plan ahead. I recommend this hotel every time someone asks about a hotel in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Raphael Hotel is an elegant, charming boutique accommodation modeled on the finest small European hotels. Readers of Travel+Leisure voted The Raphael Hotel one of the 2014 T+L 500 World's Best Hotels. With a combination of a significant historic landmark, vintage hospitality, and individualized service, this Kansas City luxury hotel delivers a unique destination experience in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri's famed Country Club Plaza.The hotel's signature restaurant, Chaz on the Plaza, is noted for its intimate, romantic atmosphere and its distinct brand of modern, regional American cuisine. Menus offer a concise, yet diverse variety of appetizers, salads, soups, entrees and desserts. Signature items include fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, and a hand-cut, wet-aged prime beef Kansas City strip steak that advances Kansas City's beef reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Kansas City