My 17 year old daughter and I came here for a shopping/museum weekend. From the moment we walked in the door we were warmly greeted by every employee in sight. Our room (a suite) was large, charming, clean, and very comfortable. It worked out so well because my daughter likes to stay up late and I'm an early riser. She stayed in the living area watching TV and slept on the pull out couch that housekeeping made up each night. The beds and linens were wonderful. We had free Wi-Fi in the room, thick towels, a modern (though small) bathroom with nice bath products, and a well stocked mini-bar. There was even a Keurig machine with both coffee and tea - a nice touch. We used both.
Sometime in older buildings the gym is laughable. But this one was quite nice with good equipment and free bottled water & bars, and individual, disposable ear phones.
We had room service for breakfast one morning and it was delightful. The waiter who delivered it was friendly and helpful, like all the staff. We had dinner in the restaurant our second night and it was fantastic. We had steak and scallops and both were perfectly cooked. The service was delightful - an ongoing theme.
When the weather forecast failed us and the rain began while we were leaving to shop, the door men offered us umbrellas.
The hotel is a block from Country Club Plaza with a plethora of stores, restaurants, and bars. (We had dinner at Brio Tuscan Grill - don't miss their bruschetta and desserts!) We also walked to the Nelson-Atkins art museum, only about a 20 minute walk. It was a great museum and a nice, manageable size.
We can't wait to come back to the Raphael.
- Also Known As:
- The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection Hotel
- The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Kansas City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Raphael Hotel is an elegant, charming boutique accommodation modeled on the finest small European hotels. Readers of Travel+Leisure voted The Raphael Hotel one of the 2013 T+L 500 World's Best Hotels. With a combination of a significant historic landmark, vintage hospitality, and individualized service, this Kansas City destination hotel delivers a unique destination experience in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri's famed Country Club Plaza.The hotel's signature restaurant, Chaz on the Plaza, is noted for its intimate, romantic atmosphere and its distinct brand of modern, regional American cuisine. Menus offer a concise, yet diverse variety of appetizers, salads, soups, entrees and desserts. Signature items include fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, and a hand-cut, wet-aged prime beef tenderloin that advances Kansas City's beef reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.