First off, let me say that this was our first time visiting Kansas City! I chose the Raphael based on it's reviews here on TripAdvisor.
We stayed 2 nights at the Raphael in one of their Presidential Suites. We couldn't have been more pleased. The room was very nice, up-to-date, and more than what we had expected. The sitting area was very spacious with a couch and several other chairs, and a table. We only sat in this room in the evenings to have a nightcap and discuss the days adventure! Never turned on the TV, so cannot speak to that.
The bathroom amenities were very nice, which was highlighted with a jacuzzi tub (in it's own room), seperated by the vanity, and then the toilet and shower were in a seperate area. The shower was very spacious as well and had 2 shower heads. Very nice addition to our stay. Much more than we had anticipated.
The bed was super comfortable and the bedroom had a nice sitting area as well. This suite did not dissapoint.
The only dissapointment about our stay is that our room wasn't cleaned until late in the evening on Saturday. We stayed in our room until around 10:30 that morning with the "do not disturb" sign hung. Unfortunately, the staff forgot about us and never came back. Not a big deal, however worth noting! It's only fair to say that this was our only hiccup during our stay.
The Keurig Coffee machine in our room was also a very nice touch! My wife loved this!!!!
Seriously, our stay really couldn't have been better. Great location and a nice romantic getaway. Shopped all day Saturday at the Plaza, and enjoyed a nice dinner at Chaz Saturday evening.
If you want to try something different, make sure you go by and check out a bar called, Manifesto. Drinks there are amazing.
By the way, the staff at the Raphael were more than helpful when suggesting places to go, shop, eat, etc. Thanks Raphael Staff for making our trip even better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Raphael Hotel is an elegant, charming boutique accommodation modeled on the finest small European hotels. Readers of Travel+Leisure voted The Raphael Hotel one of the 2014 T+L 500 World's Best Hotels. With a combination of a significant historic landmark, vintage hospitality, and individualized service, this Kansas City luxury hotel delivers a unique destination experience in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri's famed Country Club Plaza.The hotel's signature restaurant, Chaz on the Plaza, is noted for its intimate, romantic atmosphere and its distinct brand of modern, regional American cuisine. Menus offer a concise, yet diverse variety of appetizers, salads, soups, entrees and desserts. Signature items include fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, and a hand-cut, wet-aged prime beef Kansas City strip steak that advances Kansas City's beef reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Kansas City