“Nice boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Midwest
“Nice boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Ask for a plaza view suite -- sweet! Comfy beds, 2 TVs, updated, clean and nice. Coupon on the internet for cookies and milk delivered to your room. Good location on the plaza. Chaz (restaurant) had the best eggs benedict ever!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bill C, General Manager at The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Raphael Guests,

Thank you for all your kind words about your recent stay with us, as well as your visit to Chaz. We too feel we have the best egg Benedicts in town! Please return and see us again soon, we will have the cookies and milk waiting for you.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Indiana en Provence
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Aiyiyi! What didn't go wrong in this hotel?! My hosts were mortified that my reservation was lost. Even though we had the confirmation email from the hotel. The confirmation number was for someone else on another day. They found a room, but then let us know (at 2 p.m.) that we couldn't get in until four. OK, so they switched the room. After a long, hot shower,I was treated to the fire alarm going off in my room. When the front desk called and I explained (wet, dripping), they said "oh, it does that." (Hmmm, you'd think they could fix that!) Bar closed very early (no nightcaps, apparently), and the next morning, yup, my room rate was incorrect. Cute hotel -- nice idea, not as nice as they think they are. Service was sorely lacking. Next time, I'll stay across the street at the Intercontinental. Room/Jr. Suite was OK -- nothing special. Great bed, I'll give them that.

Room Tip: Ask for Plaza view -- but beware! They don't have rooms ready until 4 p.m.!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bill C, Guest Relations Manager at The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Recent Guest,

Thank for taking the time to inform us about the very unfortunate circumstances you endured. on your recent stay with us. Thanks to guests like yourself, we have an opportunity to give attention to situations that may require improvement. I obviously want to aplogize for the inconveniences you had to deal with, and I promise we will share your comments with the appropriate staff members, so we can correct these issues. Thank you so much for your input, your patience, and and your patronage. I hope we will have the opportuntiy to regain your confidence one day in the near future. If I can be of any personal service please contact me directly.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Kinda expensive but I got free breakfast an appetizer, bottle of wine and a horse carriage ride. The wine was a red and I wanted a white so they brought that up an exchanged it. The bath room is kinda small but who spends their time in there. Everything was great from the free valet I had to the drinks and cookies they had in the lobby.

• Stayed October 2012
Bill C, Guest Relations Manager at The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Awesome Guests,

You guys are awesome as well! Thank you for sharing your experience with us, as well as your patronage, we will look forward to your return, hopefully very soon, please stay in touch!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

This is my new favorite hotel. It is a boutique hotel that has been updated at some point in the last five years. I first found the Raphael when the Intercontinental next door was booked and I needed to be close to the Plaza. At first I was upset, but I am so glad I experienced the Raphael. I've never stayed anywhere else since. The rooms are actually suites, with an extraordinary bed, and a generous seating area. Super clean, clean, clean. Don't miss the restaurant "chaz" on the lower level, it rivals some of the best restaurants on the Plaza.....enjoy your stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bill C, General Manager at The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear New Favorite Guests,

Clean is a beautiful word, and one we truly appreciate to hear! Thank you for all your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. We will look forward to your return.

Best regards,
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is an old hotel that is a part of Marriott's autograph collection (which is great - you get a boutique hotel *AND* Marriott Reward Points). As I said, it's an old hotel, so the rooms are a tad smaller than you might get in a modern hotel, but it's part of the charm. My favorite had to be the bathroom with it's amazing tile work in the shower. Adorable.

Quiet. Comfortable bed. Great restaurant on the premises makes for pretty good room service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bill C, Director of Sales at The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Adorable Guests,

We feel the same way about you! Thank you for your kind words and review. We are very proud of our relationship with the Marriott Autograph Collection, it is the best of both worlds. Please make plans to return soon, we will be looking for you...

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Like another reviewer, I was in town for a conference at a nearby hotel, but my travel agent booked the Raphael for me. I usually take a look at TripAdvisor before leavign but didn't for this trip so I had no idea what the Raphael would be. What a very pleasant surprise. The hotel and staff was wonderful. From the moment I arrived it was easy to see that customer service was job was paramount to the staff. Te bellman greeted me at the car upon arrival and upon every entry and exit from the hotel during my stay. He even grabbed a bottled water after I came in from run. The staff at the desk were so friendly and were willing to chat. The room and bed were very comfortable. I also liked the sweets and hot chocolate that were left after turn-down service. The lobby also had different refreshments during the day. Thank you to the staff at the Raphael for making this A wonderful stay. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bill C, General Manager at The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Place To Stay Guests,

We are so happy you did stay with us! Thank you for all your kind comments about our associates and the service you received. It is always so nice to share this with all the peolple who work so hard to make it happen everyday. We will look forward to your return.

Santo Domingo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was my first of many trips to KC. My party and I came in on Sunday afternoon for a Monday morning meeting. I was a bit skeptical at first as many people told me KC doesn't have any really good hotels, that we would like.

I posted a question on Trip Advisor as the PA of the person we where meeting suggested we look at the Intercontinental or The Raphael. The response was The Raphael from everyone. I am not familiar with KC so I wasn't sure what to expect.

As we pulled up to the hotel we immediately loved the look and feeling of everything, it is a beautiful pre-war building. The flame pits and the accent lights really make it feel like a place you would want to stay.

The staff was incredibly friendly and Claire who checked us in was very sweet and always smiling; even when we asked for an additional, room she made sure we were all on the same floor and together. The valet/bellhops new all our names and always addressed us courteously and promptly. I cant remember every ones name as it's my biggest fault but the staff members that stood out and made our time at The Raphael memorable are Claire, Laurie, Rick and Leticia; from The Chaz restaurant we only had breakfast on 1 day but Zaida our waitress was a great sight with her huge smile. It's really nice to start the day with a big smile and positive energy near you, There is nothing as addictive as a smile in the morning and makes your day go the same way. This is probably why it went so well in our meeting and we closed the deal in 3 hours and not 2 days.

The room and bed was more than I expected for a small city hotel. The rooms decor was classic but with touches of modern furniture. The bed was incredibly comfortable, almost didn't wake up on time. However, it might be a pet peeve of my whole party, but we did not like the toilet seats in our rooms. This will be my only complaint, as they look like public bathroom seats (which I never use). For such a nice room, a great bed and a nice big bathroom, we didn't expect such a crappy seat with no front. Those belong in establishments that cannot compete with the Raphael.

I hope they get upgraded as my party and I will be traveling to KC for the years to come very often.

Thank you to all who recommended this jewel in KC and to the staff of The Raphael for making our stay a memorable one.

Room Tip: Grab a room with a plaza view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bill C, General Manager at The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear First Timer in KC,

WOW, how nice of you to share so many of your thoughts of your first visit with us. We so appreciate you taking the time to remember so many of our associates by name. This really helps us to recognize all of their great efforts. We are glad you were able to seal the deal so quickly, as that gives you more time to enjoy our entire City. Please return and see us again soon!

Best Regards,

Been to The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!