The ICKC sets a standard among Kansas City hotels. It's location is perfect along Brush Creek and Country Club Plaza. It's very close to nice restaurants, Seasons 52 is our favorite, and some awesome shops. Williams-Sonoma is just across the way and always has something going on. Our favorite shop is probably The Better Cheddar. It started as a sandwich and cheese shop and has turned into so much more! All within easy walking distance for most everyone.
Staying at the ICKC we always stay on the concierge level. It's a little more expensive but so worth it. A light breakfast is served. Snacks are most always available and an assortment of drinks. In fact, they have a machine that makes a latte as well as Starbucks and you don't pay $5 a cup! That pays for it for us right there. Not to mention the concierge, very knowledgeable and a great resource for getting a reservation. Concierge Craig, in fact, got us a reservation we were unable to get ourselves.
We have yet to visit the bar and restaurant onsite but things always look busy.
Nice hotel, great crowd, perfect location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, where you will find impeccable service and all the luxuries you have come to expect from an InterContinental Hotel. Our luxuriously appointed guest rooms and superb meeting facilities are all just steps away from the Country Club Plaza entertainment district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Intercontinental
- Fairmont Hotel Kansas City