My family and I stayed at the Intercontinental and reserved three rooms on the concierge level including one suite. If you decide to stay at the intercontinental there are a few things to keep in mind. The good: the location on the Country Club Plaza, the staff on the concierge level, the food and drink on the concierge level, the view on the concierge level. Poolside food and service. Nice touch of citrus water and lemonade at 2:30 PM but why not earlier? Notice all the good was mostly on.... the concierge level!!
The bad: terribly crowded pool area and lounge chairs "reserved" by guests with with too old and too used hotel towels left lying on the chairs long after the guest is gone. Overly crowded lounge on the weekends. Lots of conventioneers and wedding parties stay here, wonderful for them, extremely loud and tight squeeze for everyone else. Food in Oak Room was....not that good and it was slow and expensive for not tasting that great. Keys that don't always work. Expensive for, how can I say it, an aging grande dame that needs some work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, where you will find impeccable service and all the luxuries you have come to expect from an InterContinental Hotel. Our luxuriously appointed guest rooms and superb meeting facilities are all just steps away from the Country Club Plaza entertainment district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Intercontinental
- Fairmont Hotel Kansas City