We spent a night here because my wife had a professional meeting in the hotel the next day. I always like this place--large, clean rooms, ubiquitous service, comfortable beds, very quiet. Located right across the street from Country Club Plaza, a bonus. Free parking now, too, which is helpful. Breakfast buffet a bit pricey, but it does have smoked salmon, and you can certainly make up the cost in fish alone. Though we are Priority Club members, we had to pay for Internet access--last time, we did not. That was the only irritation.Somehow this hotel makes its guests all feel like the staff has been waiting just for them.
I have usually stayed at the Raphael (just next door),but they have become more and more expensive and are thus less a good value, especially when compared to the Intercontinental, whcih offers much more for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, where you will find impeccable service and all the luxuries you have come to expect from an InterContinental Hotel. Our luxuriously appointed guest rooms and superb meeting facilities are all just steps away from the Country Club Plaza entertainment district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Intercontinental
- Fairmont Hotel Kansas City