Wife and I stayed at the Intercontinental for four nights beginning December 23, 2012. Our visit was to be with our musician daughter over the Christmas holiday. We could not have made a better hotel choice. The rate was very reasonable for a very large room with a beautiful overlook of the Plaza and its Christmas lights. We received the very best service anyone could expect for any hotel. Perhaps because it was Christmas time, parking in the handicapped area, and maybe other areas, was without charge. Perhaps because we are frequent guests at Holiday Inns, we were also granted entry to the executive lounge for continental breakfasts, and were also able to visit there for cocktails one evening.
The hotel building has existed under several hotel names since before Ronald Reagan just missed obtaining the nomination for President at the Republican convention in 1976. But it appears to be in top shape now as an Intercontinental.
We visited the bar only once, to have drinks and bar food. That room is still beautiful with its extensive wood paneling and high ceiling. It reminds me of Cliff House in San Francisco. The dining room has been changed to be a more intimate space since we last stayed at this hotel when it was under a different name and management. We only had salads or appetisers, but the service was friendly and excellent.
Kansas City is one of the most attractive cities in the nation. Will we stay at the Intercontinental again? You bet we will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, where you will find impeccable service and all the luxuries you have come to expect from an InterContinental Hotel. Our luxuriously appointed guest rooms and superb meeting facilities are all just steps away from the Country Club Plaza entertainment district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Intercontinental
- Fairmont Hotel Kansas City