We are local and decided to do a staycation. I have been in the Intercontinental several times and loved the entrance, the valet, everything that I had seen at "first glance". Also loved the location and knew that this would be a great room to view the Plaza lights.
We knew that we wanted a Plaza view. We did receive a balcony Plaza view on the west wing. The room was nice but a little dated, especially in the bathroom. It really could use some updating. There is a lot of room and a nice sitting area. The view was great. The bathroom didn't have a fan and was small and not as clean as it should have been...especially at Intercontinental. We chose to park ourselves in the garage as parking was free, which was nice. There were 2 weddings going on so parking was pretty scarce. It was nice to park on the level that our room was on, however. After about an hour in our room we kept hearing this very loud banging over and over again so we called down to the front desk and they said they didn't know what it would be and that they would send a bell boy up. We never heard from front desk so proceeded to go to dinner. When we returned from our evening we continued to hear this all night long and the next morning. We figured out what the noise was....the drain in the parking garage was warped and every time a car drove over it then it would bang. Pretty annoying when you're trying to enjoy your evening...and your sleep. I hope that they correct this as we could not have possibly been the only room to deal with this.
The next morning we had a bill under our door with an error so we called down to ask about and when we did the gentleman, Mike, at the desk was very courteous and corrected it right away. We also told him about the noise issue and he immediately offered us brunch for that morning, which we appreciated. We wish that Mike would have been the one that we had talked with the night before so that we possibly could have been moved to another room. Quite honestly, we didn't even know about the brunch, so that was a fault of the girl checking us in. I would think that the hotel would want to let guests know about this.
I feel that the hotel should offer internet for free. Especially as an IHG rewards member, it would be a small token of appreciation.
This property has so much potential. It's disappointing that it didn't live up to it's brand.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza Hotel
- Intercontinental Kansas City
- Kansas City Intercontinental
- Fairmont Hotel Kansas City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, where you will find impeccable service and all the luxuries you have come to expect from an InterContinental Hotel. Our luxuriously appointed guest rooms and superb meeting facilities are all just steps away from the Country Club Plaza entertainment district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.