This hotel has been around since the early 70's and some areas are beginning to show a little age. I would say for the most part the current operators have done a good job of updating and keeping it relevant. We had a great view from our room even though te bathroom ad especially the closet are on the small side. A nice pro is the ability ro self park your car without a fee. One of my cons is the Internet carge. I have stts at Arriott, Hyatt, Strwood and also Holiday Inn (IHG Hotel Group owns the Intercontintal). None of the other chains charge for this access.All in all I'd recommend this property. The front desk staff are all friendly and efficient. The staff in the Concierge lounge was gret and Craig (I think that was his name) even took a gret picture of us with the Plaza lights in th background. I can't imagine 31 hotels in KC that are better based on Tripadvior.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, where you will find impeccable service and all the luxuries you have come to expect from an InterContinental Hotel. Our luxuriously appointed guest rooms and superb meeting facilities are all just steps away from the Country Club Plaza entertainment district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Intercontinental
- Fairmont Hotel Kansas City