KC Intercontinental is a perfectly adequate hotel that long ago replaced the Ritz as the manager of this location. The Plaza is a great place to be as KC goes - so this is a good tourist hotel location and an OK business locale. But as other reviewers have mentioned - the Intercontinental's occupation (aka invasion) of a previous Ritz property leaves the hotel guest wanting. Things feel faded. Bathrooms are of the 1980's Ritz-Carlton ilk. Nice but outdated. 1st floor services were nice - restaurant, front desk, doormen. But as I checked out, I found myself interrupting a phone conversation the front desk personnel was having with a friend on the phone. Its little stuff that makes an ok hotel become a great hotel. I think the staff desires to please the customer - they are very nice. I just think this hotel is in need of some capital investment - and I don't know if the business model is sustainable in Kansas City or not. Time will tell. Final comment - every hotel that does not make its WIFI free should be ashamed. Its like charging us to flush a toilet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, where you will find impeccable service and all the luxuries you have come to expect from an InterContinental Hotel. Our luxuriously appointed guest rooms and superb meeting facilities are all just steps away from the Country Club Plaza entertainment district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Intercontinental
- Fairmont Hotel Kansas City