I stayed at this hotel for only 3 days on a business trip and was very impressed with the hotel, location, and the staff. First, the location is perfect if you would like to stay close to the Country Club Plaza section of Kansas City, which is filled with elegant shops, restaurants, and bars surrounded in beautiful Spanish (Madrid)-themed architecual design. My reservation was for a Superior Room and upon checking into the hotel I asked the friendly woman at the front desk if I could have an upgrade to a Deluxe Room and she was kind enough to check availability and give me a complimentary upgrade to the larger room, which was really nice of her. The Deluxe Rooms have outside balconies with a table and chairs and over look the Plaza area. The room was clean and more than I needed for my short stay in Kansas City. I enjoyed some beers at the bar both nights and the bartender was very friendly. All in all, I enjoyed my stay at the InterContinental Kansas City and even got to see MLB players from the Detroit Tigers check out on the last day of their seires against the Royals. If good enough for them, then good enough for me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, where you will find impeccable service and all the luxuries you have come to expect from an InterContinental Hotel. Our luxuriously appointed guest rooms and superb meeting facilities are all just steps away from the Country Club Plaza entertainment district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Intercontinental
- Fairmont Hotel Kansas City