I am in Kansas City a few times each year and the Marriott has become my hotel of choice when I am in town. There is very little to fault it on. The location is great with all the amenities of the Power & Light district just a few blocks away.
They upgraded the bar and reception area last year and it is stunning now. A great place to work during the day and relax in the evening. The gift shop was taken away during the facelift and replaced with a small shop with a coffee area. Whilst the ladies who ran the coffee cart previously were great, this is a definite improvement.
The rooms are always clean, spacious and generally well-equipped. This trip I had a view of the downtown airport whereas on previous stays I have had a room at the front. The view from the front is better.
I tend to only use the "Metro" restaurant for breakfasts but one of my colleagues had dinner in there this trip and was full of praise. One of my few criticisms is that the in-room dining menu is pretty restricted but maybe I only notice that because of my repeated stays.
My other issue - and this is a really small thing - but where is the in-room safe. I would have thought this was standard now but, no, the Marriott still rely on the old safety deposit box type scheme. Not a problem just less convenient than having a safe in the room.
Small gripes I know - that's why I guarantee I will be back in the next few months.
- Also Known As:
- Kansas City Marriott Downtown Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Marriott Downtown Hotel
- Marriott Kansas City
- Kansas City Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kansas City Marriott Downtown puts travelers in the heart of a lively downtown. Guests are just steps from the Power & Light District, with shopping, great restaurants, and vibrant nightlife. Kansas City Chief’s football, museums, jazz clubs and shopping at Crown Center and the Plaza, are minutes away. This premier hotel has two distinct towers: the Marriott Tower and the Muehlebach Tower which offer 983 luxury guest rooms and nearly 100,000 sq ft of diverse function space. The Kansas City Marriott Downtown is the KC's most popular venue for civic and social galas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Kansas City Marriott Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.