“Nice place for business travellers” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Power and Light Package
Ranked #39 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
El Dorado Hills, Ca
“Nice place for business travellers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

My first trip to KC, MO and stayed here for a week on business. The entire staff that I dealt with, from the valets to room service were great. Friendly and attentive. The lounge was being remodled during my stay but the library provided and acceptable alternative to supply the after work cocktails. It's a great meeting area. My room was spotless and maintained that way each day during my stay.
The hotel is located in an area surrounded by some great eateries. Everything from very, very upscale to good old local fare with some good grub. All in all, I was surprised not just by this hotel but by downtown KC. Mostly in a good way. I would certainly stay at this Marriott again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Cynthia S, Director of Marketing at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Dear Mike and Jim:
Thank you for your positive feedback. Every guest is important to us and we strive to give excellent customer service. We hope you will choose the Kansas City Marriott Downtown when your travels bring you back this way.
Cynthia Savage
Director of Marketing

496 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012 via mobile

Perfect location for New Years! We stayed an extra day and took advantage of the fitness center and the pool.

• Stayed January 2012
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel the last week of January 2012. I was underwhelmed by the lobby since they are in the process of renovations. The front desk staff not very friendly and our service in the restaurant was not very good. The sleeping rooms were nicely appointed and clean, the housekeeping staff did an excellent job.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I stayed at the hotel on business for a week, then returned the next week again on business, so have spent a grand total of 2 weeks at the hotel and by the end of next month will spend another two weeks here.

The hotel and staff are very helpful from the concierge to the bell hops to the maid staff everyone was pleasant to deal with.

Bonnie in the concierge lounge {20th floor} was very nice to chat with in the evenings. The room, king, was large and fairly spacious {unlike some hotels, I did not have to leave the room to change my mind}

The only thing, if I had to find fault with the hotel, is that there are no safes in the rooms. I was on business and was carrying about $4K in laptop and other equipment. I carried my backpack when I was at Libbys or when I was at the lounge because there was no safe in the room.

However, with that said, the hotel and staff are great, and if you go across the street you can watch the light show they put on across the facade.

Beavercreek, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I stayed at this property in the older tower for a little less than a week on business. Maybe the newer tower is better, but the old tower was tired and in serious need of renovations. For a Marriott property in a convention area, this place needs to be updated. The furniture was all beat up and the tv stand wasn't changed when they went with flat panels. The desk was small, made even smaller by all the junk that was on the desk. Buy new tv stands, and all that can go with the tv - give me my workspace.Power outlets were scarce and difficult to access. Paint on the ceiling was cracked and chipping. I was afraid the bathroom countertop would fall off at any moment, the plumbing might have been holding it up.

On the bright side - internet connection was quite good, but that's about the only good thing at this property.

Goshen, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in October 2011 and accidentally left my toiletry bag in the room. I immediately called and the front desk connected me to their security office. They assured me they would mail me by bag and I should receive it in the next few days. After several weeks I called the hotel and was told they sent it to the wrong address and it was returned to the hotel. They would resend. Again I waited and then called multiple times only to be assured over and over again that someone would get back to me. NO ONE HAS EVER CALLED ME. Finally in December I was told my bag had been delivered way back in October only to the wrong address and was never recovered. I am disappointed in the entire staff including the property manager's office who I also called and was promised a call back. I'm still waiting!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for an annual conference, and most definitely enjoyed my stay!! The beds are incredible, some of the best sleep I've had in I couldn't even tell you how long!! The staff were ALL extremely friendly, attentive and helpful. The only negative I could say is with regard to the restaurant, the service my day of arrival was hit and miss, buffet wan't the highest quality one would expect from a Marriott. The coffee shop on the lobby level is amazing, highly recommend!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Kansas City Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!