“Good Not Great” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Maker's Mark Bourbon House & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #175 of 1,201 restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th Street
Lake Forest IL
“Good Not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great location with much to do near it. The food was good, not great with some good selection and good cocktails. After hours is pretty fun with a younger crowd and DJ coming in. Would recommend especially as a launching point for the night.

Visited October 2013

60% Recommend
Kansas City, Missouri
“Maker's Mark Hits the Mark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I went to Maker's Mark in the Power and Light District in downtown KC with a group of 12 people this past Tuesday night. To keep this short I will say that the food was excellent. We discovered that Tuesday is their half price steak night which was an amazing value. Everyone ordered steaks and they were all cooked to order and presented well. The 12oz filet was outstanding and the 24oz bone in rib eye that several had looked like something Fred Flinstone would eat. Everyone said their steaks were excellent. The only thing keeping me from giving the visit 5 stars were the cocktails at the beginning of the meal. Several of us ordered their specialties, Maker's Mark Old Fashions and Manhattans. You would think they would have these nailed but unfortunately no. The Manhattan was overly sweet as was the Old Fashion. I had the Manhattan served up which usually is filled to the brim but it was quite short. That could have been forgiven but not the sweetness. The whiskey should be the star not the cherry juice. That said I will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Farragut, iowa, USA
“This Is My Kind of Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I don't understand the negative reviews. I loved this place and I can't wait to go back. The staff was very hospitable. The drinks were out of this world. The food was tremendous! The prices were very reasonable. Lastly, the music wasn't too loud. We could talk without having to yell. (I love loud music, just not when I eat!) Again, I can't wait to go back and try different meals and drinks!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fancy but not Overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The calamari was great! Lots of fun, unique choices...I had a chicken/pear sandwich that was very tasty for around $10 with fries. I would recommend this place to a friend.

Visited August 2013
Wichita, Kansas
“Good atmosphere, mediocre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The atmosphere is great. The food, just so-so. I had the chicken and waffles, which was a huge disappointment. My husband had good steak pasta, but the portion was very disappointing. We both ordered mint juleps, they didn't muddle the mint. This left a very disappointing taste in a drink that should have been very good.

• Visited August 2013