“Excellent From Start to Finish” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Maker's Mark Bourbon House & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #175 of 1,201 restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th Street
Newalla
“Excellent From Start to Finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Perfect sour apple martini; perfect house salad with house vinaigrette; perfect filet, garlic mashed potatoes, and asparagus; perfect peach cobbler and (very generous) flourless chocolate dessert; perfect service (thank you, Hector) and ambience. What else is there to say?

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
Olathe, KS
“Nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This place was very nice and a bit more upscale than some of the other places in the area. Good place to go for happy hour with friends or to stop in for a drink any time.

Visited May 2013
stoxabc
“Great location, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had dinner here before a concert at the Sprint Center. Excellent and fun location, good food and ok/decent wait staff. The restaurant opens up with outdoor seating to a huge outdoor festival area. The atmosphere is fun and there is lots to see in terms of people watching etc. We would definately go back. The food was good don't remember anything too exceptional about it, it wasn't sooo fantastic that you went there only for the food but, it was very good. I found the wait staff somewhat unavailable and not super friendly.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“A little disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Excellent menu and atmosphere, but that's where it ended for our party of 4. On this visit, the service was extremely slow. We literally waited 35 minutes from having the appetizer plates cleared to receiving our meals. The food was ok, but wasn't hot, it was luke warm. I've eaten here before and had a better experience, but not this time around. I doubt I'll rush back.

Visited May 2013
Overland Park, Kansas
“Good food & Service, a bit noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was my first trip to Maker's Mark in the Power & Light District, I have heard good things, and that-it is pricy. We were walk-ins on a early Saturday night (before we went to The Rep). We were seated right away & we informed our waiter we were on a tight schedule, which he made sure we got in our orders in to accomodate us. He was also very good at making recommendations from the menu. Service was great and I was pleased to see there were menu items that were $20 and under. They even have some items (salads, etc) that you can order smaller portion with a smaller price tag, which is much appreciated. I saw prices that ranged for $8-12, as well as the high end prices of $35 & up. I tried the Gnocci & Tenderloin ($20) which was one of the recommendations and was very good. My friends, ordered from the sandwhiches, another soup & salad. Everyone seemed happy with what they ordered. The decor is contemporary, blonde wood and orange lighting, my only complaint was the noise factor. A lot of bare walls did nothing to deaden the noise. We were in the main dining area, and my friends & I at a table for four had to talk louder & lean in to be heard, which added to the noise factor. They might have quieter spaces, I did notice a separate dining room (over flow or for large groups?) I would try it again, perhaps when the weather is nicer we can sit outside.

• Visited April 2013