“oceans of fun -- bring cash ( yes, paper money)” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 99 Attractions in Kansas City
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The midwest's premier amusement park, featuring 235 acres of rides and slides. Two great parks for one great price in 2013. Experience both parks for one low price! Slide all day and ride all night! Experience seven roller coasters, huge water slides, thrill rides, Planet Snoopy for the whole family, and a brand new Oceans of Fun!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking
Des Moines, Iowa
“oceans of fun -- bring cash ( yes, paper money)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

Bring cash because they are stuck in the 1980's, with only one ATM ( which was broken ). To rent a locker is $10 ( cash only ) with a $2 refundable deposit when you turn your key in at the end of the day. To rent a tube to use in the lazy river and wave pool is $5 for a single and $8 for a double, again cash only with a $2 refundable deposit when you turn them back in. Couldn't use a debit card to pay for either thing and didn't bring enough cash. On a postive note, a employee did run my credit card at the gift shop and walk me over to the tube rental to get tubes. Other water parks include the tubes with your admission price, which is what I expected. Who wants to continually go to your locker to get cash or carry around a wad of soggy bills. It's 2010, catch up Oceans of Fun or you'll continue to lose business.

Ankeny, Iowa
“Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun an adult perspective”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

I will admit that we went on a very hot evening, but for the Midwest a place like this should be prepared with more air conditioned places. We did not find 1 sit down resteraunt. They said that there were misters through out the park, we saw 4. We rode on two different roller coasters and the log ride and that was it. We were able to go on those rides walk the whole park and look at a few shops in about an hour and a half.

Oceans of Fun I found to be far more entertaining and enjoyable. We arrived at the waterpark just as it opened so it wasn't horribly crowded yet. We went in the lazy river which was relaxing the first time we went in. But later that day when we returned to it, it was crazy. I think you should only be able to go into the lazy river if you have an inflatable tube. We had tubes, but people were swimming past us, running into us, swimming under us, the whole thing. It was ridiculous and unsafe. And yes, there were 6 life guards all the way around the pool who did absolutley nothing. Not much of a lazy river. We visited the wave pool which was another hectic mess. I've been in the ocean several times, waves are not like that, so violent unless you are in a storm or a hurricane. The adult pool was the best by far. Only 21 and up aloud in. Descent sized pool, lots of lounge chairs, well shaded, and a pool bar with overpriced drinks. That is where we spent a majority of our time. We did not go on any of the water slides because of the incredibly long lines. And I will give you this bit of advice, as ugly as water shoes are, they are a great idea. I burned the living crap out of my feet. There is no place but a locker to put our flip flops. The other thing I think is funny is that everything requires money, where are you supposed to keep that???

Springfield, Missouri
“A great theme park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

I'll give a small review but I want to fill in on the following rides first-
Coasters:
Mamba- 4th longest coaster in N.America. 1st drop of 205 ft. What are you waiting for?
Patriot- Largest inverted coaster of it's region and a great one at that.
Prowler- The best new ride of 2009, a wooden spectacle.
Timberwolf- 1992's best coaster in the world, this wooden classic is a unique one.
Boomerang- Probably the most used model in the country. That's why you should try it.
Spinning Dragons- A family favorite.
Wacky Worm- Kiddie Coaster.

Notable Thrill rides:
Detonator- Double tower Space Shot.
Fury of the Nile- River Raft going down high speed rapids.
Thunderhawk- Your traditional top spin. Pretty popular actually.
Ripcord- A Great Skycoaster.
Monsoon- 50 ft. flume drop. Available for Oceans of fun guests to.
Viking Voyager- Nice little adventure with 40 ft. flume drop.
Finnish Fling- Not to thrilling, left me extremely dizzy.

This Review is covering really just thrill rides because thats my game. I'm a thrill seeker.
I love WOF's selection. It's probably one of the Midwest's best theme parks, thrill wise. I'm sure it's other great, family stuff to. It was underrated for a while but I think its starting to get some of the recognition it deserves. Come by this park some time.

Tulsa, OK
6 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable Day out for the Whole Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

The Prowler may be the best roller coaster this mom has ever ridden. It's SOOO FAST! They offer rider swap. And since we have small children, it was convenient. One parent can wait in line, ride the ride, then give the "rider swap" card to one of the people running the ride. Then the other parent gets to come up the exit and sit in the seat of the first rider. That was great. The staff were helpful there. I just wish it wasn't 100+ heat index when we went. I recommend buying one of the large refill cups for $10. It's free ice water and soda is only 92 cents to refill. We refilled between the 4 of us about 6 or 7 times. It more than paid for itself.

Big Island, Hawaii
67 attraction reviews
“Oceans of Fun, actually is this review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

TripAdvisor won't let me review Oceans of Fun. We went to the water park Oceans of Fun (not the amusement park Worlds of Fun). We had a perfectly fun time. The park is not huge but it was very nice and we had a good time. I would recommend it to others.