“Very disappointing.” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 82 Attractions in Kansas City
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: The midwest's premier amusement park, featuring 235 acres of rides and slides. Two great parks for one great price in 2013. Experience both parks for one low price! Slide all day and ride all night! Experience seven roller coasters, huge water slides, thrill rides, Planet Snoopy for the whole family, and a brand new Oceans of Fun!
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“Very disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have been going to Worlds of Fun for years, but this last trip was pretty bad. I traveled 3 and half hours with my sister and a friend. First disappointment was that we waited specifically until May 27th to go down to WOF because we were super excited for the new ride that was supposed to be open on the 24th. We get down there and the new ride isn't even done yet. It would have been nice to know so that we could have saved our money to go later in the season. Also we bought the all day dining meal deal, which is a pretty good deal, but the only places that were open were burger places and a pizza place and also they were out of chicken tenders. We were also irritated because we were looking for the BBQ place that we could get with our meal deal and we had to ask THREE employees where it was. After 45 minutes of wondering around and looking for it, we find it and the place wasn't even open. It would be nice if employees weren't directing us to to a place that wasn't even opened. I usually enjoy my time at WOF, but multiple rides were closed including the new Steelhawk, the patriot, and monsoon and barely any of the restaurants were open inside the park. WOF opened in early April, so I don't know why the place seemed so run down. I spent good money and traveled for not a very fun trip. Disappointed. I hope next visit is much better and that they Steelhawk is actually open, that is if I even get another chance to head down there again this summer and if it will even be worth my money.

Wilber, Nebraska, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Disappointing Trip”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

After driving 3 1/2 hours to get to the park it was disappointing. We purchased Fast Lane tickets online for $45 per person (6 in our party) and thought all was in order only to get to the park to tell us that we needed park admission tickets also that were $55 per person in additional fees. They said that it says so online but even after returning home I could not find where it said anything. One supervisor did tell me that it is in very small print on the page but several in our family have looked and still haven't found it. After driving the distance and taking 45 minutes to get in the park with all the confusion, we headed into the park and right away find out that the Patriot was not and would not be running all day, the monsoon was also down for the day and there was no water under the thunderhawk. We were told that there just had not been enough time to fill the pool under the Thunderhawk. Several of the eating establishments were not even open or it was after lunch before they opened. Felt as if a seasonal park would be ready with EVERYTHING by the opening of the season but these people just didn't seem to care. We have visited here before and couldn't believe how run down looking the park is getting. Sure didn't feel it was worth the money and my drive there. DISAPPOINTING

Visited June 2014
Kansas City, Kansas
“2 fun parks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Very nice the fact that you pay one ticket for both parks, the oceans of fun park was delicious, it was not so crowd on a sunny sunday. Worlds of fun and oceans of fun were very fun, it was a great weekend with family. And you buy the ticket, its valid for both parks, very nice.

Visited June 2014
Luck, Wi
14 attraction reviews
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

For one admission price, you can choose Worlds of Fun or Oceans of Fun, or both. This review is only for Worlds of Fun.

It's your typical amusement park with everything from kiddie rides, water torres, to thrill rides. I love thrill rides and recommend the front row always. WoF employees were courteous and they really kept the park clean during my visit. Kids were in school, parents at work, so the lines were minimal to non-existent. I worked here as a teenager, and whenever I visit, I love to reminisce. No visit to KC is complete without spending a day at WoF...or just the evening with their twilight ticket prices.

Kansas City, Missouri
“Cheap, Run Down, Overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The park used to be a lot better. Immediately when you arrive, you pay $15 to park which is ridiculous. I thought parking costs were there to maintain the lot? The light posts haven't been painted in years and are a dull, powdery pink, some of the signs had rust streaks running down them or the corresponding number to the alphabetical section was completely missing. Also there is no longer a tram service. Some of the landscaping is ok but most of the buildings, benches, light poles, etc needed desperately to be repainted. They used to have a touch up crew that touched paint up on railings etc daily. Today the park is an embarrassment to Kansas City. Many of the restaurants were closed and they don't even provide straws or LIDS for drinks! An employee told me it was to reduce litter. CLEAN IT UP WOF! For lunch we went to the diner. A poorly maintained hot rod with visible rust spots was showcased out front. The Juke boxes at each table didn't even work and the buttons were broken. The bathrooms are disgusting and there isn't enough supervision of the young high-school aged workers who clearly didn't care. The roller coasters haven't been properly maintained and were noticeably more jarring than the last time i road them. There used to be a lot of shows and now theres hardly any. The most embarrassing of all the decay was the viking voyager which had green slimy water with unpainted water troffs and landscaping of dead grass, dirt, weeds and unkempt baby trees. Lightbulbs were burned out all over the park and it almost felt like the park had just been sitting dormant for 10 years short of all the people there. Most things prob hadn't been maintained in that long.