“Attentive Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 21 hotels in Joplin
Detroit MI
“Attentive Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

1st time staying a La Quinta property and I was impressed. The lobby and hotel room were very nice. My only complaint was a weird odor in the hallways. The staff was very friendly and attentive, after I check in and was in my room the front desk called to make sure my room was in order. That is the 1st time that has ever happened to me at any level of hotel I have stayed at. The room was clean and in good order and the breakfast in the morning was good. I enjoyed my stay and will return next time in Joplin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
April H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Joplin, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you soon!

297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Aledo, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed there 5 nights in a suite room. The room was certainly large enough for the 3 guys. The room stayed clean enough. The price was good. It included a full breakfast. The hot tub was not working during our stay, but the pool was very warm.
A few details. There is a restaurant connected to the hotel, but there are so many other places close by that sounded better, we always went off campus for dinner. The food at breakfast was not very tasty, but it did fill the void in my middle section. The gal working the tables tried hard to be friendly and courteous. That was nice.
The water was hot long enough for 3 guys to showers. That is a plus. The fan in the bathroom did not work. The TV was adequately sized for the room. There was enough selection to suit our fancy after a day of rebuilding a house.
The hotel physical site seemed well used. The carpet was frayed/worn in hi traffic areas, the elevator made all kinds of racket. The ceilings were pretty low (not a worn-out comment). The HVAC units made a good deal of noise too, but it did keep the room temp as we desired. I thought the number and locations of the outlets in the room were odd. I had to re-arrange a few thinks to make it fit our liking.
The hotel must accept pets as there were plenty of dogs seen on campus during our stay. I did not hear any! (well behaved as they should be.) Also, the back parking lot is a bit tight for bigger vehicles.
I'd stay again if the other guys liked it on the next rebuilding "vacation" (should there be one). I'd also be good trying a new place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you back soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

customer service was great alway a pleasure to use this hotel while going between Indianapolis and Phoenix. Pet friendly, clean rooms and good service and close to resturants, fuel and easy access onto highway

Room Tip: always stay on upper floors if possible
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you soon!

Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Very clean an comfortable, loved the restaurant and all the friendly staff members.

The location is on the Main Street off the exit. Great location!!

I will definitely stay here again, and recommend it to everyone I know.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, We are so glad you had a great time at our hotel! We hope to see you soon!

Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed one night on R66, Rooms good six=ze and clean, breakfast room big and depressing - no daylight, no bread for toast, did find some but stale, pool area lackng appeal and neglected. We requested quiet room which we did get om the lower level at the back of the hotel

Room Tip: Room 164 back of hotel lower ground well away from reception but parking close to rear keycard entr...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we love feedback. I am sorry that your stay was not better than average. We strive for every guest to have a wonderful stay with us. I will take your advise about breakfast and do what I can to make it more enjoyable. Please let us know if we can do anything for you!

Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed one night. Staff is very nice but the smell in the halways was brutal, spelled like sewage. Wet and musky. Rooms have new flat screens. Breakfast was decent.
The restaraunt adjacent is fine for drinks and to socialize, food is mediocre. Bar food. Owner and bar staff were nice.
I've stayed in worse but I generally stay in nicer properties.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
April H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Joplin, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Good Morning,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. Thank you for letting us know what we need to work on and I assure you that we will take it seriously and make it better. I hope you give us another try next time you are in town!

Been to La Quinta Inn Joplin? Share your experiences!