“Horrible place to stay!!!!! Don't be fool with the price! You pay what you get!!!! NASTY!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sunrise Inn

Save Saved
You added Sunrise Inn to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Sunrise Inn
3600 S. Rangeline Road, Joplin, MO 64804   |
Ranked #20 of 21 hotels in Joplin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Check into this hotel. First the service was terrible. The gal at the seems like she doesn't even know what the hell she was doing. Very rude and unproffessional.

When I got into the room. It has this odor smells that makes me want to throw up. The bathroom was dirty, had stans around it. The towels was still wet. Didn't even have a remote control for the tv. The beds was nasty, the pillows smells like s h i t , the cover sheets had so many s h i t stans. And the door couldn't even be shut right. We try to find the phone to contact the front desk to fit our door and there wasn't even a phone in the room. You have to request for a phone. Don't be fool by the website page because it doesnt come with any of that in the room. And you can't cancel ur revs.

• Stayed August 2012

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
tucson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

In all of our travels, this was the worst hotel. Ever. The room picture shown must be a room that was renovated for marketing purposes only. Our room door would not close properly--guess that is why there was a dead cricket on the bathroom floor. We did not feel safe. There were cigarette burn marks everywhere--bed cover, walls, furniture. The shower curtain was slimy MOLDY. The shower was stained. The carpet was garish (take a close look at the very colorful lobby carpet in the photos) and did NOT match the bed. Walls were bare. The sheets were clean (the pad underneath was not). We swallowed our pride at losing our money and fled to another hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the room in the photo--the one that gets good reviews.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Joplin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

By looking at these reviews and pictures we cant be talking about the same hotel. I was coming from Nashville Tn heading to Oklahoma City when I decided to stay in Joplin, mo. What caught my eye they have a big banaster that reads $39.99 nightly. So I say "what the hell" so I checked in I was amazed on the room. I have stayed in many hotels accros the country and I was expecting to get a $40 dollars room with problems, Not only the rooms was clean but the people was friendly and very generous. The next morning I decided to leave early so I went to checkout and I ask the young gentleman "Wheres a good place to get some breakfast? he replied "We have a continental breakfast and I was shocked. I told the young gentlemen that I always make this trip twice a year and that this is where Im going to rest for the night

Room Tip: Rooms are nice and quiet
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

great location-very close to boubon and canal-great continental breakfast-super staff-frig came in handy as well as pull=out couch-its like you have 2 separate rooms-great for privacy
only bad thing-we were there for mardi gras on monday and there was a long wait to check in=we just left and came back later-they stowed our stuff-
also its a little inconvenient with the elevator situation=there is one to get to 2nd floor and then you have to go down the hall to the elevator for the rooms-
but i would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Great Bend, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I came to Joplin to attend MSSU, and needed somewhere to stay for a week with my infant son. The room they put me in was so downright disgusting, the sheets stunk like mildu-I don't think they can even afford laundry soap!!!!! I had already paid for a week stay but after three seconds in that room I tried to check out and they would not refund my money!!! They even tried to charge me a $70 early checkout fee!!! OH MY GOD!! How can you do that to a young girl and her child!! I sat in that room and cried, knowing I couldnt afford to go anywhere else since they would not refund my money. I am so lucky that some one didn't call child protective services for me staying there with a child. They had people drilling and hammering in a room right above us day and night, I think they assigned people to work on that room because I had complained and they wanted to be jerks. OH AND BY THE WAY, They only pay their housekeeping a lousy three bucks per room, so that's why it is so unbearably gross. I think they should burn that place down it is a health hazard.

Room Tip: Right next door, the rooms are just as cheap and WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY better.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Alton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We were traveling to see family and the only place in Joplin that had rooms is the Sunrise Inn. We decided to try to stay and I immediately checked the room. The beds were a mess and the bathroom was gross. We got our money back and went to Neosho. If there is only one hotel in a 30 mile radius with rooms you better wonder why.
I would never recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Joplin, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

DISGUSTING!!!! How can anyone consider this run down establishment inhabitable? Rude management. The sign out front claims to be under "new management", when in actuality, the manager had his employees put this on the sign to (hopefully) hype up the hotel's business. The only reason my family and I are staying here is because my husband is doing the Joplin Tornado Clean-Up. We had to switch rooms because of managers ORDERS. He was extremely rude and promised us help with moving our belongings out of one room to another, and we got no help whatsoever. We got accidentally locked out of the room while in the midst of the chaos. The manager very rudely said "I NEED you out of that room NOW!" We were trying to move rooms, what did he think we were doing?! Our new room has no refrigerator which we requested several times. The toilet doesn't flush, satins and rips on the curtains and this was a so called non-smoking room, but when we got in there was an ash tray on the floor and the room smelled like smoke. This room was said to be a 2 bedroom room, there was one headboard in the middle of the room, and two beds on either side of it, as if it were a 1 bedroom room. I could go on and on about the poor quality of this hotel. There are so many things wrong with this hotel. HAZARDOUS problems as well. The fire extinguishers had 2009 tags on them. Just dont let the "pink" fool you.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Sunrise Inn? Share your experiences!