“Not a bad stay but kind of expensive for the area” 3 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead and Save 25%
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Joplin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Not a bad stay but kind of expensive for the area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The hotel was clean and nice looking. The decor was updated. We weren't there very much but it seemed nice enough. No continental breakfast which was disappointing for the price. There was a small indoor pool and hot tub that we did not use but it was clean looking. The staff was friendly. The only real problem we had was the wall a/c unit in our room was making a really loud noise all night. When we told the front desk person in the morning, she immediately told someone from maintenance. I would have given it a four but it seemed overpriced for what it was.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
MCKINNEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past few years and recommend it very highly. The staff is always friendly and helpful, and the hotel is clean, quiet and top quality. The breakfast is the best I have ever had at a hotel - the omelets are fantastic. For me, there is no better hotel in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Christopher B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Joplin, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Janet P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn of Joplin, Missouri. I greatly appreciate your compliments and your patronage to our hotel. If I may ever be of personal service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Joplin MO, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I came down on buisness and spent a week at this location. Always friendly at the front desk, and I never ever saw anything but very well-kept facilities. Maybe I am expecting too much for my money, but, only complaint is for prices charged, there wasn't even an option of a complimentary breakfast. Cleaner places exist out there with a much better rate per night that do offer that added benefit. Was very dissapointed about that. But again, all was immaculate!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Christopher B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Joplin, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Joplin. I appreciate your comments and will share both your positive comments and also your concerns with the appropriate associates. Thank you again and if I may be of any service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here on a recent business trip and was left a bit disappointed. The hotel is fairly new and has nice amenities, but the front desk customer service was poor and the rooms were average at best. When I got to my room, it smelled strongly of mildew, and when I went back to the front desk to request a different room, I was told the property was sold out for the night (and this was around 5 pm, not late at all). Even with my gold status with Hilton, it took some persuading to get the clerk to find me another room, and the process took a long time as she didn't know how to make the change. The second room was fine, though nothing exceptional, and at least I got a good night's sleep. The breakfast in the morning was above-average, and our waitress was excellent-- wish I would've gotten her name. I've stayed in worse places, but I've stayed in better ones too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. You have my sincerest apologies that we did not offer the type of service that both you and I expect. I will address all concerns you noted with the appropriate staff and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to offer better service to you in the future. If I may be of any service to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Monett, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I spent a night here and were both very pleased. Our room had a king sized bed, a huge television and a nice sized bathroom. There was a desk, complete with lamp and room for a laptop. We didn't bring a computer but the information stated that there was wi-fi in all of the rooms; there was also an office downstairs that was accessible by using your hotel key.

The hotel is located on 32nd Street, just off of Rangeline, which is the main street in Joplin, so I was concerned about noise but it was very quiet. The hotel was pretty full; there were families coming and going but noise was not an issue at all.

We decided to have the breakfast, which was available from 6 am until 11 pm. The cost was less than $10 per person and there was a chef available to make "eggs to order" and there was also a platter of sausage and bacon; one of scrambled eggs; a platter of biscuits; and a bowl of sausage gravy. Also available were the typical breakfast basics: bread and bagels to toast; jams, jellies and honey; cereal and milk; juices; coffee and many flavors of creamers on each table.

We didn't take advantage of the pool area. There was plenty of handicapped parking, which we needed and appreciate.

If we ever need to stay in Joplin again, I'm definitely contacting this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Staying in this hotel was a treat, being only 1 year old since the bad tornado came thru in 2011.
The twin Hiltons were a nice relaxing place to stay after driving all day from Lincoln.
The gym and swing pool areas were very clean and had up to date machines. The laundry area was also a welcome part of the journey also. I found the staff very helpful and breakfast was great also.

Room Tip: Ask for a small suite