“Housekeeping Unacceptable” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Joplin
Houston, Texas
“Housekeeping Unacceptable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We arrived for a two night stay at the Towneplace Suites and after reading such good reviews were immediately disappointed. Once we checked into our first room, while settling in, my husband noticed some other person's dirty sock laying on the floor right next to the floor lamp by the TV stand. It was not hidden, but laying in plain view. When I walked over to see it, I noticed sunflower seeds also laying on the floor by the A/C unit. The room had clearly not been vacuumed. We notified the front desk and were moved to another room. We could not accept that room either as there was a terrible odor in the room. Our third room was clean and very nice; however, after being gone all day with family at a funeral, we returned to find our room had not been cleaned nor our towels restocked. We called the front desk who asked if we had put out a "Do not Disturb" sign. I said, "No, we had not." They offered to bring fresh towels to our room. We waited over 30 minutes and called again for the towels. The following morning, my husband had to go and find a cleaning attendant to provide us with shampoo and conditioner. Because we were in town for a close family member's funeral, it would have been nice not to have had the added stresses of our stay here. The breakfast was very nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Miranda C, General Manager at Towneplace Suites Joplin, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We appreciate you sharing your experience in our hotel, and I apologize that it was not as you expected or as it should be. As you mentioned and I can attest to, the cleanliness issues you experienced are not common at our hotel. We will certainly address this issue with our housekeeping staff to ensure it does not happen again. I am glad that you were able to rest in a room that was cleaned to our standards, and that you enjoyed our breakfast. We do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The Towneplace Suites in Joplin is a very good hotel! Super Nice staff ! room was very nice and real clean! Great stay! The guy on the evening shift recommende d to go to Marias Mexican restaurant and it was a very good pick! Overall a great expeience!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Miranda C, General Manager at Towneplace Suites Joplin, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay. We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience. We will share your wonderful comments with our staff!
Lampe, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The rooms are clean and the staff was friendly. I did not have any wash cloths and the front desk was very willing to make sure that did not happen on the 2nd night. The breakfast was fine. The room was a little worn on the couch but I didn't use it so I was OK.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Miranda C, General Manager at Towneplace Suites Joplin, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us at the TownePlace Suites! I am so happy to hear that your room met your expectations and that our staff was friendly. We strive to make every guest's experience a great one! I am also happy to inform you that we are undergoing a renovation to our guest rooms and public spaces this Fall, so all of our sleeper sofas will be replaced. I encourage you to stop in after the renovation and check it out!
Broomfield, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel staff was very nice, great customer service. We stayed for two nights in two rooms. The rooms were clean and nice. The beds were comfortable. The rooms had plenty of space, a small kitchenette, sleeper sofa and a small bathroom with the sink outside the bathroom. I was very happy with our decision to stay here as it was much cleaner and kept up than other places we have stayed in Joplin. The only downside was the breakfast, they had a very nice breakfast room but not much selection as far as the food goes. Overall it was a great value and I will stay again next time we visit the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Miranda C, General Manager at Towneplace Suites Joplin, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our hotel and staff! We will be sure to share these comments with them, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our continental breakfast is expanding as we move closer to our renovation date. We will be adding biscuits and gravy in addition to the fresh waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, and fruit already offered. Please come back and stay with us again!
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of hotels, but this one has to be one of the very best. I booked through Hotels.com for two nights. Upon arrival Chris checked me in. He was courteous, friendly and helpful.
The suite offered a full kitchen, with a regular-sized refrigerator, two-burner stove, full-size microwave, dishwasher, and dishes and silver, and pans, with towels, sugar coffee and coffee maker.
There was a sofa bed, queen-size bed with plenty of comfy pillows. A flat-screen TV adorned the dresser and was on a rotating base.
The suite was large and comfortable. There wasn't any road noise. The air worked great. A good deal of hot water for showering.
The indoor pool was comfortable and quietly refreshing.
The staff were friendly, helpful and went out of their way to accommodate me.
The offered a continental breakfast that consisted of cereal, waffles, muffins, yogurt, fruit and juices.
I even stayed another night and the staff eagerly arranged everything, for the same price. The price was unbeatable.
My daughter and her family stayed at a nearby motel and were envious of the excellent service that I was receiving, the cleanliness of my room and the affordability.
I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone! You can't beat the pricing, cleanliness, friendliness of the staff and the hotel room itself.
I can't wait to go back!
Excellent job, Chris, Delva, Roger, and Misty! I'll be back!

Room Tip: I was on the fourth floor, so I didn't have any overhead noise, which was great! Make sure you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Miranda C, General Manager at Towneplace Suites Joplin, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your room. We will be sure to share your comments with our staff, especially Delva, Roger, Misty, and Chris! We're glad your experience was a great one, and hope to see you again soon!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I'm a loyal Hilton member but stayed here as I had a free night earned via hotels.com

They are upgrading the hotel soon but I was not disappointed by its current condition and it was perfect for a one night stay. Breakfast was not as good as a Hampton Inn, but better than other hotels I have stayed in. I didn't even know breakfast was included so I certainly can't complain!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Brian S, Manager at Towneplace Suites Joplin, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of our TownePlace Suites in Joplin. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We are also looking at different ways to make our breakfast offerings more appealing to our guests. I hope that on your next time through Joplin that you will come stay with us again and see what we have done after our full renovation is complete!
Seneca, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We got a room for our anniversary and used the pool for our daughters birthday party. Talk about double duty! I was impressed when I saw the room. It was more than I expected (especially for what we paid) Clean, nicely furnished, full fridge, burners, microwave and dishwasher! I had no idea. We really didn't need all of that but I would highly recommend it for someone wanting to make Joplin a hub for a longer trip or someone in town on business for awhile. The staff was super friendly from the first time we spoke on the phone through our stay! the only thing remotely bad that I would have to say is that the pool did not feel heated... indoors, but not warm...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brian S, Manager at Towneplace Suites Joplin, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for the kind words Andrea. I am so pleased that you and your family had a great time. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and the great staff here at the property. I am sorry that the pool was not warm for you. I will look into that as I want to ensure that it is always at a temperature that is comfortable. Hopefully we will see you again soon after we finish our complete remodel of the interior of the property. It is going to be great and will be done in sections so as not to disturb any of our guests.

Been to Towneplace Suites Joplin? Share your experiences!