“Your typical outback.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Missouri
“Your typical outback.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

This is your typical outback. I agree 100% with another reviewer. The whole restaurant might as well be smoking because the non-smoking section gets filled with smoke from the bar area. That's the #1 reason we do not go there.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Missouri
“Perhaps the worst outback in the nation...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

I honestly can't get past the fact that this outback is simply horrible. I've been to this particular Outback in Joplin 3 times. Every time has been a disaster. The service has been adequate, but the food is almost inedible. I'm a Joplin local and I've given this particular outback three chances. I've ordered steak twice and fish once. My wife and I have experienced cold/flavor-less food on every visit. I am honestly confused as to why it isn't good, they are supposed to have better-than-your-average-chain food, but they don't. Also, it's expensive. For the record, this is the only outback currently in Joplin, next to the Sam's Club.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

This Outback is located right behind the Drury Inn and is a close walk to dinner. Hostess and wait staff are great here. We were from out of town and have eaten at the Outbacks in Texas. This one tops any of the Outback restaurants I have been to in Texas. Wait staff is very friendly and helpful. Will be sure and visit again when in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“We never even got to the food which we...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

We never even got to the food which we generally like. The bad music was playing so loudLy it would have been impossible to enjoy food or conversation we folded our menus and left.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
United States
“Adequate food, but smoking section wafts into non-smoking...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

Typical Outback food-average, but filling. The bar (smoking allowed) is located right next to the non-smoking section so we passively smoked throughout our meal.