“Tasty pizza buffet and nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 197 Restaurants in Joplin
Cuisines: Pizza
Springfield, Missouri
“Tasty pizza buffet and nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

My sweetie and I went to this place for the first time yesterday and had 2 lunch buffets and a soda and a lemonade. The pizza was tasty and crust was medium thickness with a solid crust. The waitress said the Chicago style pizza was very good also but takes awhile to cook if we wanted to order that off the menu and she also recommended the calzones. They sounded appealing to me but we were on a time schedule and did not want to wait that long. The lunch buffet included a side salad but you ordered it and it was made in the kitchen which I thought was kind of odd. I had the Caesar and my honey had a regular garden salad with Ranch - we both enjoyed our salads. Total bill was $22 before tip which I felt was a bit steep for lunch buffet and 2 drinks. We enjoyed the sports bar atmosphere and all the TVs with games on during our meal. The seating near the pizza buffet was kind of tight quarters because the chairs back to back hit each other at the tables when full, but we would go back and enjoy a beer and a ballgame next time we are in the area.

• Visited September 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

Good Chicago styled pizza! Great atmosphere! Lots of choices- wanted to try almost everything on the menu! Very good tasting marinara sauce!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Very nice pizza, very nic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I'm from out of town and i like to try pizza places when i travel, this place ranks among the best...i always have to try BBQ chicken pizza if offered and this one didnt disappoint. service was a tad slow, not bad and it was really really cold in there, which i wont ever complain about, but some of my party did...not bad though!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have been coming to Joplin for this pizza ever since I found it while working claims for the tornado. Something has changed. I always order the deep dish. Usually the crust in buttery and flaky. Not this time. The crust was hard. I couldn't cut it with my fork, so I tried with my knife. I had to saw the crust. I finally gave up and picked it up. I don't think we'll make a special trip for this pizza anymore.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“PIZZA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Hands down the best Chicago style pizza around! Was in town just for one day, and was recommend by a local to try Gusanos for pizza and a beer! They have a great selection of draft beers and if you're looking for a local craft, they have those also! With a great atmosphere, quick/friendly service, GREAT pizza, and outdoor seating (huge plus), this is hands down one of the best restaurants in Joplin, MO!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere