“Find another place to stay” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #11 of 21 hotels in Joplin
Round Lake, Illinois, United States
“Find another place to stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I paid extra for a room with a whirlpool tub in it. My wife and I were extremely tired and thought it would be a great way to relax. Well that was the only good thing about the room. First you climb 6 flights of stairs to the 3rd floor. Then when you enter the room you are greeted by a moldy odor, stained carpet and furniture. This non-smoking room has cigarette burns on the end tables and counters. It had all the mini blinds busted up and even a broken window in the dining area. The bedding was clean and the bed fairly comfortable. I would recommend finding another place.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you pay out your hard earned money.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Nathan N, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Oasis Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
We are extremely sorry that we did not meet your expectations. It is important to get feedback about a guest stay, the good and the bad. We will take this information and make the improvements that are needed. We are already in the process of getting the window fixed and new blinds put up in this room. I understand that you had a bad experience with us but I would love to have another chance to win your business back and exceed your expectations this time. If you decide to stay in Joplin again then you can contact me directly and I will do all I can to ensure you have a better stay at our hotel.

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
chicago, illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

As I explained in my review of the Best Western in Tucumcari, NM, my husband and I are in the process of weaning ourselves off of the less expensive Wyndham motels as they have become very unpredictable as to quality. Many of the Day's Inns and Travelodges have sleazy blankets and threadbare linens. Some have had such things as cigarette holes in the spreads -in non smoking rooms.. Most breakfasts have a few stale bakery goods and some Cheerios. Here is the second installment of our quest as we try the Best Western chain.
This Best Western's room was very small but still clean and nicely appointed. The air/heat system worked fine and took the outside excessive humidity out of the air. The blankets were not that thin, slippery microfiber. They were not the fluffy ones, but somewhere in between.
The spreads were clean.
There was no counter space, however, and very little space to put even our backpacks. There were very few electrical outlets and only 2 sets of towels, not 4. And altho it is April, we still had the March HBO schedule.
The breakfast was as promised, delicious, hot with both scrambled and hard boiled eggs, sausage, hot biscuits and gravy and a nice variety of yoghurts and breads.
The staff was lovely. We checked in exhausted and the check-in person offered us fresh baked warm chocolate chip cookies, saying -this should make you feel better. It did.
Best Westerns are still very viable for us.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Nathan N, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Oasis Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
I would like to take the time to thank you for your revew. It is important to learn how our guest felt about their stay with us. It gives us the opportunity to make any necessary changes or to take pride in the things guest really enjoy, like our cookies at check-in. I did notice that you thought the room you stayed in was a little small, maybe you could try one of our king leisure rooms on your next stay with us. It is a little bit larger and still includes all the amenities you enjoyed.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012 via mobile

Although I haven't been to very many hotels, this one is by far the best. I will admit I was very skeptical of it seeing as how it wasnt a top dollar hotel and when it come to fairly reasonable hotels you don't hear very many good thing about them. But after arriving to my room I found myself to quite relaxed and satisfied. With if given the chance to stay at another night I would.

• Stayed February 2012
Nathan N, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Oasis Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 12, 2012
I would like to thank you for your review. It is important for us to recieve feedback from our guest and make improvements if we need to. We are glad that your enjoyed your stay and found it to be relaxing. We hope that you will relax here anytime you come through the area and we look forward to any future stays you have with us.
Madera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

The hotel was good and the staff was very friendly. Was one of the better hotels that we stayed at along our trip to California. If we pass back through Joplin then we will definitely stay here again. Also, breakfast was a little more then we expected for the good rate that we got. It was more then just some cereal and pastries.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Nathan N, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Oasis Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2011
I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We value all the feedback that we can get from our guests. I hope the rest of your trip to California went well and would love to have you stay with us agian next time you come through Joplin.
Belgrade
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here while visiting relatives for a few days. The beds were extremely saggy and uncomfortable. In fact, I am writing this now at 4:00 am because I simply cannot get to sleep. My back feels like I have been trying to sleep in an ill constructed hammock, resulting in sciatic pain all the way to my feet. Other than not sleeping, the place is adequate and staff friendly. We probably would have asked for a different room had we returned to the motel earlier from our day. As it was, we had been getting back pretty late with very tired children and the last thing we wanted to worry about was hauling stuff to a new room. So, beware of the bad beds.

• Stayed October 2011
Nathan N, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Oasis Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Thank you for your review on your stay. It is helpful for us to know what our guest thought about their stay, we will utilize your review to help better the stay for future guest. We are extremely sorry that you did not have a good night sleep on your bed. I hope that we can have another chance to exceed your expectations next time you decide to stay in the area.
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

We are truck drivers and we are in Joplin once a week and we always chose this hotel not just for the personable atomsphere but because they are pet friendly. They have always greeted us with a smile and a Hi. When we check out they always tell you to have a nice day or weekend which ever they case may be. In other words they treat you like part of their family.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your response and we do appreciate your loyalty to the hotel. It is our previlage to consider you part of our family here and we always look forward to your stay with us. Your review is helpful, by letting us know what we need to improve or what we are doing right. We will see you on your next visit here.
near Hamburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We spent a night in the BEST WESTERN Oasis Inn & Suites in Joplin, MO.
The Hotel needs renovation, the carpet was dirty. We found rests af petfood on the carpet (it is a "petfriendly" hotel).
The rooms are old and noisy, we slept not well.
The breakfast was poor, the fuse blows several times, so that we can`t use the toaster or microwave.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Nathan N, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Oasis Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. On behalf of our entire team we are extremely sorry that we did not meet your expectations. It is very important for us to know what improvements we need to make and what features a guest like. I do hope that we could have another chance to give you a great experience with us. We have fixed the problem we were having with the fuse in the breakfast area.

Been to BEST WESTERN Oasis Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!