“The best thing about this motel is the price” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Joplin
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3031 S Range Line Rd, Joplin, MO 64801   |
Ranked #18 of 21 hotels in Joplin
Montreal
“The best thing about this motel is the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

I searched carefully for the least expensive hotel/motel in Joplin, and this is where I ended up. The property is located on a busy street (ask for a room that doesn't face the street, BTW), in an area with lots of other motels, fast food restaurants, etc., and is classic motel style, with 2 floors and external doors that look right out on the parking lot. The room was well-lit but spartan, with no courtesy shampoo or clock radio. The shower stall is in the corner of the bathroom, and has just enough space to turn around. There is wifi in the room, but you have to pay an extra $2.99 plus tax to get the access code.

My chief complaint is with the housekeeping. All 4 pillows (which were stained and old) were lacking pillowcases; i was displeased to discover this just as I was going to bed, and had to walk down to the office to get some. The blankets had a few stray hairs attached, and someone should at least shake them out. There were a couple of stray hairs in the shower stall, too. Finally, although the room was non-smoking, there was clearly a residual cigarette smoke odor. I will flag all of these issues upon checkout.

I cross-checked prices on all of the travel websites and with the chain's own website, and always got the same price. I found a coupon code which got me a 5% corporate discount. Total price was $46.73, including tax but not including cost of wifi.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Moberly, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

The desk clerk was friendly and the room clean. The first room the door wouldn't open and the second room had no air. Fortunately it wasn't a hot night and we were just needing a bed. The bed was quite ftm as well. Probably would look at a different motel if we came through here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012 via mobile

Pulled in here after midnight february 19th. it was this for 49 or the La Quinta for 89. Lady at the front desk was very friendly and gave me the key to room 113. Room was clean, bed was soft. No frills, but for 49 dollars I didn't expect any.

• Stayed February 2012
Texarkana, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

When I planned to visit Joplin I wondered if this location had been damaged by the devastating tornado that hit the city in May, 2011. I discovered that the path of the tornado was from southwest to northeast, missing the motel by several blocks. The motel was fine, and I had no problems. The only thing to mention is that it isn't far from the Kansas City Southern RR tracks and I heard the sound of the freight trains whistling now and then through the night. Motel 6 is on busy Rangeline Road, which runs north and south, north of I-44. I got a room in the back, and I wasn't bothered by the sound of traffic from either the Road or the Interstate. There was a car repairshop next door in the back, and I heard the sound of a very loud radio coming from the garage when I checked in around 4 PM. Luckily that noise was eliminated by sunset. The only other thing I can comment about this location is that I found the shower nozzle to be unusually low, set around 5 foot 6 inches. I'm 6 feet 6 inches tall, and I have never been in a shower where the water was coming out at chest level. However I would stay here again since overall this motel offers very good value compared to what other motel chains are charging these days.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

When I read the reviews, I was hesitant to book a room, but it was a business trip and I was literally there to sleep, shower and leave so the low price made it worth any inconvenience. The room was small but clean, the temperature controls worked well, and the shower and bath were surprisingly roomy and well laid out. Obviously, no glowing praise, but the question is, "Was it worth the money and would I stay there again?"

The answer: Yes.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here as a last resort. It was the only place that had a room available. Upon entering the room, we knew why! It was terribly dirty, we found what I hope was an old avocado pit on the floor, a dead bug and cigarrette burns all over the sheets. Hair in the bathroom. We tried to make the best of it, pulled all the blankets off the bed and relax. There were people all over outside smoking and simply hanging out. I would not recommend staying here. The young man at the front desk was very nice, the only part that was alright. Just because a motel is cheap doesnt make it okay to leave it dirty. Simply disgusting.

• Stayed June 2011
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011 via mobile

We had to stay an extra night so our budget was low we had been at the baymont before. Since so many people are living in motels since losing homes everywhere is full so motel 6 is cheap and had a room. Its filthy and carpet looks so gross. Can't wait to leave! Its hot here and air is awful no temp control and its barely blowing out. The baymont was much nicer its an older baymont but room very clean and very comfy bed. Right now at motel 6 I'm miserable in this extra bouncy cheap bed. This has to be a $59 mattress!!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR 46 DOLLARS spend the extra to be in clean comfy room.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Motel 6 Joplin? Share your experiences!