“The only issue was our team ate breakfast the last 30...” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Joplin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lebanon, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The motel was in desperate need of repairs. Almost all of the tiled floors were covered in rugs because all of the tiles were broken. We stayed in room 214 and the next two room down (by the stairs) had a wet floor in front of them. The floors were bowed, like they had suffered water damage. The room was so filthy; there was about an inch of dust on the lamp, coffee was still in the in - room coffee pot from the last guests and the dressers were full of food crumbs.The red throw pillows were stained up with what looked like drool and grease. My husband went to find the pool and there were two men in the pool room. We later found out that one of the men worked for the motel and the other was a Joplin city worker. Anyway, they informed my husband that the pool was currently closed for inspection. My husband asked when they thought it would be open again because our children wanted to swim. The city worker looked at some kind of chart and said, "Oh.... about 4:20," and then looked at themotel worker and they both chuckled. Quite unprofessional. We will jnot stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Matthew M, General Manager at Baymont Inns & Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

I want to sincerely apologize for the lack of service and cleanliness you received while staying with us. I started working here at the Baymont on June 4th as General Manager and was not present when your issues happened. I want to assure you this is not the case now. My focus as a General Manager is on Cleanliness and exceptional guest service. I want each and every guest to have an exceptional experience from the time they arrive to the time they depart. I have only been at the property for 3 weeks now and have already made changes to better service our guest. As for the pool incident I will look into this further because that will not be tolerated from our employees. I do hope to see you again real soon. Thank you for choosing Baymont Inn & Suites of Joplin. Have a wonderful day!

Matthew Miller
Baymont Inn & Suites
Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

For the price I paid for a room, this is a very decent place to stay.The staff were very courteous. Pamela in particular stood out. Despite her preoccupation with getting the breakfast items out on time, Pamela still made time to chat with me briefly.

This place has an indoor pool. The breakfast offerings were very adequate. The rooms are clean but we got a dirty towel on the rack after housekeeping came through. The fitness room was not maintained during my three day stay despite bringing the need to restock the fitness room with water and with with fresh workout towels.

The breakfast lacked a waffle maker.

Apart from that, the property is easily accessible from the 29 freeway. There is ample parking, and within a three mile drive, there are numerous choices for food on Rangeline Road.

The streets are well laid out for easy navigation from the hotel. Rangeline Road has almost everything within a four mile drive.

I would certainly consider staying in the Baymont Inn & Suites when I return to the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Matthew M, General Manager at Baymont Inns & Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always nice to see when a guest enjoyed their stay with us. We now have a full time public attendant who is responsible for the business center and the exercise room. This should not be an issue again. I will let Pamela know about all the kind things you had to say about her. Thank you for choosing Baymont Inn & Suites in Joplin. We hope to see you again real soon. Have a wonderful day!

Matthew Miller
Baymont Inn & Suites

Been to Baymont Inns & Suites? Share your experiences!