“Dirty” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Joplin
Lebanon, Missouri
“Dirty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The motel was in desperate need of repairs. Almost all of the tiled floors were covered in rugs because all of the tiles were broken. We stayed in room 214 and the next two room down (by the stairs) had a wet floor in front of them. The floors were bowed, like they had suffered water damage. The room was so filthy; there was about an inch of dust on the lamp, coffee was still in the in - room coffee pot from the last guests and the dressers were full of food crumbs.The red throw pillows were stained up with what looked like drool and grease. My husband went to find the pool and there were two men in the pool room. We later found out that one of the men worked for the motel and the other was a Joplin city worker. Anyway, they informed my husband that the pool was currently closed for inspection. My husband asked when they thought it would be open again because our children wanted to swim. The city worker looked at some kind of chart and said, "Oh.... about 4:20," and then looked at themotel worker and they both chuckled. Quite unprofessional. We will jnot stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Matthew M, General Manager at Baymont Inns & Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

I want to sincerely apologize for the lack of service and cleanliness you received while staying with us. I started working here at the Baymont on June 4th as General Manager and was not present when your issues happened. I want to assure you this is not the case now. My focus as a General Manager is on Cleanliness and exceptional guest service. I want each and every guest to have an exceptional experience from the time they arrive to the time they depart. I have only been at the property for 3 weeks now and have already made changes to better service our guest. As for the pool incident I will look into this further because that will not be tolerated from our employees. I do hope to see you again real soon. Thank you for choosing Baymont Inn & Suites of Joplin. Have a wonderful day!

Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

For the price I paid for a room, this is a very decent place to stay.The staff were very courteous. Pamela in particular stood out. Despite her preoccupation with getting the breakfast items out on time, Pamela still made time to chat with me briefly.

This place has an indoor pool. The breakfast offerings were very adequate. The rooms are clean but we got a dirty towel on the rack after housekeeping came through. The fitness room was not maintained during my three day stay despite bringing the need to restock the fitness room with water and with with fresh workout towels.

The breakfast lacked a waffle maker.

Apart from that, the property is easily accessible from the 29 freeway. There is ample parking, and within a three mile drive, there are numerous choices for food on Rangeline Road.

The streets are well laid out for easy navigation from the hotel. Rangeline Road has almost everything within a four mile drive.

I would certainly consider staying in the Baymont Inn & Suites when I return to the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Matthew M, General Manager at Baymont Inns & Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always nice to see when a guest enjoyed their stay with us. We now have a full time public attendant who is responsible for the business center and the exercise room. This should not be an issue again. I will let Pamela know about all the kind things you had to say about her. Thank you for choosing Baymont Inn & Suites in Joplin. We hope to see you again real soon. Have a wonderful day!

Siloam Springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

maids must have been on vacation. 2nd day of our stay the only thing done in our room was 2 clean towels. Bed wasn't made, no bath matt, dirty sink, no coffee, no shampoo, waste cans were not emptied. no clean wash cloths, no hair dryer

Room Tip: clean the roomss
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I want to introduce myself! My name is Matthew Miller and I am the General Manager here at the Baymont Inn & Suites of Joplin. I started on June 4th, 2014 so I was not at the property when you stayed with us. I do want to extend my sincere apology for the lack of room service to your room. This is not acceptable and I will get with my housekeeping staff to find out what went wrong. My phone # here at the hotel is 417-623-0000. You can call me anytime to discuss this matter further if you need to. I want to thank you for choosing Baymont Inn & Suites of Joplin, Mo. Have a wonderful day!

Joplin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Rooms are quiet, beds comfortable, good variety at breakfast but hard to locate all the items since they were spread around the area. Checkout was slow.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I want to apologize about the delay in your check out. I will make sure I get with my staff and find out what caused the delay. I want to thank you for choosing Baymont Inn & Suites of Joplin and hope to see you again in the future. Have a wonderful day!

Allen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Would definitely recommend this hotel to any travelers. Shelly at the Front Desk was most courteous and helpful....made us feel welcome and happy that we chose to stay there! Great comfortable bed for a good night's sleep! Will definitely stay there again if we are in the area!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Stephanie M, Operations Manager at Baymont Inns & Suites, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words! We're glad that you chose to stay with us here at the Baymont Inn & Suites of Joplin, MO. We strive to ensure that our guests have the best experience possible at our hotel and that includes friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms, and prompt service for whatever your needs may be. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Until then, best wishes and safe travels!!

Been to Baymont Inns & Suites? Share your experiences!