“Good overall, poor internet” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 21 hotels in Joplin
Joplin, MO
“Good overall, poor internet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Although Kelbi was busy answering phone calls, she was still checking in guests. She was attentive to every need of the guests. The rooms were clean and the noise level was very low, comparably speakikng. The only complaint that I would have has to do with internet connection. I am a Platinum Priority Club member, which speaks to the number of hotel rooms I stay in every year. Unfortunately, while trying to watch a 1:30 hour movie on Hulu, it took almost 4 hours at this locations. I can’t say that about any of the other locations that I stay at. I give this hotel an 8 on a scale of 10 due to this one inconvenience. If the internet connection was better, I would change that to a 10.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AGMI44, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Joplin I 44 & US 71, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for the feedback we can not make improvements without it. I will inform the correct manager to address the internet issue! I apologize for the inconvenience. I am happy to hear Kelbi took good care of you! I will pass the word along to her and let her know what a great job she is doing. We hope to see you again and if you need anything don't hesitate to let me know!

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

After weather issues grounded our flight to Dallas, Marnie picked us up 30 minutes before we were told she would be there, carried on a delightful conversation throughout the trip, offered options for getting us back to the airport for our rescheduled flights, then sought me out to ensure I knew what time to be downstairs to catch the shuttle the next morning. I was delighted to feel so cared for, and to be able trust that what Marnie said would be done. The hotel room was clean and exactly what I needed. The front desk was equally friendly and easy to work with. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! I am happy to hear Marnie made your stay wonderful, along with the front desk! Looking forward to your return.
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Marnie was waiting for us at the airport when we arrived early. She was great with the bags and offered a nice goodie bag for us to enjoy. When I arrived to my first room i immediately noticed the smell of cig smoke. Marnie was across the hall delivering a fridge to another guest and she asked if I needed anything. Told her my situation and she called down to the front desk to find another room close by, Marnie let me in right away and she took the time to go downstairs to get my new keys. Now thats service! I stay at a lot of Holiday inn and this one has one of the best breakfasts you could dream of. Thanks again for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Marnie is on a roll, she appreciates the compliments! I'm glad she took care of your room issue promptly! We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Pleasently surprised by this holiday inn. Normally holiday ins are basically one step up from motel. This one was quite different. Marnie met us immediatly outside of security and gave us a goodie bag, the lay down of the area (including some info on the tornado a few hears back), and was very accomadating. We were leaving early in the morning before the breakfast and she took it upon herself to help us g et some food in the am. When I got to my room they had an air filter plugged in and it made the room smell a little funny. I went down to the hotel lobby and they were great at giving me a new room. Apoarently someone had lit a cig in that room the night before and they wer e trying to clean it. The new rokm was clean, quiet, and better than expected. The only issue I had was not because of this location but all holiday inns. The pillows are all hard even when they say soft/hard on each. I have written headquarters before about this but its the same across the country. Overall had a great nights stay at a better than expected hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
I am happy to hear your stay went well! Marnie is doing a great job, she is a valued employee! Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Immediately after exiting security we were greeted by Marnie. She escorted us outside and as soon as we were in the van we all received a bag which consisted of a bottle of water with a snack! How kind and refreshing! Her attention to detail coupled with her kindness made the stay start off wonderful. The rooms were clean and the buffet breakfast was delicious!!! Would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind review! I am glad to hear Marnie took such good care of you; I will let her know what a great job she is doing! We look forward to your return, thank you agian!
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We use Holiday Inn Joplin exclusively for our monthly weekend program and have experienced excellent service for the last four years. The hotel and banquet staff are consistently friendly, professional, and very responsive to any request we've made. Their business rooms are comfortable and always set up as contracted--saves us preparation time, allowing us to focus on our meetings. Kudos to the kitchen (specifically Scott & Jared) who provide excellent meals for my weekend guests each month. Dwayne is outstanding in catering to our banquet set up and service needs--we've learned to count on him as an adjunct team member based on his loyalty to our needs throughout each weekend stay. Kristie's banquet staff are always eager to try new meal challenges when requested and cater to special meal needs when identified. Craig developed a trusting relationship with our organization, ensuring quality service while attending to our specific program needs and earning our loyalty. A competitor once offered to provide similar services and undercut any price; but our loyalty remains with Holiday Inn Joplin based on our positive experiences and their consistent dedication to quality services. And yeah, it's the best breakfast in town!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AGMI44, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Joplin I 44 & US 71, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for the review! We appreciate the kind words & we are thankful for your loyalty. We are very happy to hear about our associates making your stay wonderful each time! We will be sure to let each associate you have mentioned know what a fantastic job they are doing! We look forward to your return!
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at this Holiday in on our drive across Missouri. The receptionist, Kelbi (love that name...thought it was Irish, she had no idea how she got the name...LOL) was very helpful and quite a charmer too. She found a room for my Mom and Dad, and one for me and my wife in no time at all. She also was able to find room for the large chair we bought at an antique shop. Her coworkers Mike and Tim we on it and got the chair put away in no time. The room was more comfortable (and less expensive!) than the one we stayed in at Farmington, MO and we had a great nights sleep. Thanks to Kelbi and her compadres for a great customer service experience. I travel alot and have not had such good customer service in year. WTG Kelbi!

Room Tip: Get one near the elevators, otherwise it is a looooong walk :-)