“Great price, nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 21 hotels in Joplin
bigolepig
“Great price, nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Had not stayed at a true "Holiday Inn" for years. Thought I had made reservations at a Holiday Inn Express, but I was NOT disappointed with that error at all. While the hotel (or at least the wing we were in) was older it was updated and clean. I appreciated the onsite security that was present . Will definately stay at this facility again if our travels take us this way.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AGMI44, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Joplin I 44 & US 71, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for the review! We are glad you were not disappointed! Many guests enjoy our on site security. We hope to see again!

208 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bloomington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

The service from Taylor at the front desk to myself and the confused person started my stay out right. She was friendly and helpful. My tv was disabled by the previous room guest. I got in very late, asked for help and Ryan came and fixed it right away. The room is large and priced reasonably. It i located next convention center, restaurants, convenient to the highway and the main streets in Joplin.

• Stayed December 2012
AGMI44, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Joplin I 44 & US 71, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Jeffrey;

Thank you for your kind sentiments. Yes, Taylor and Bryan are excellent associates and take great pride in customer service. I was happy to learn that your TV issues were quicly resolved. Many guests enjoy the convenience of our location which is close to restaurants, the highway and our convention center as you mentioned. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit to Joplin. Again, thanks so much.
Carl Junction, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stay at this hotel several times per year, and truly appreciate the friendly and accommodating staff. I've never had an issue that wasn't addressed promptly. The front desk is especially helpful. It's nice to come back to a place where the people remember you and greet you with a smile. Jesse and Jina are fantastic at helping me out with any questions. Brandi always has a great attitude and Cheri has always been encouraging.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AGMI44, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Joplin I 44 & US 71, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind review! We appreciate the feedback. Our associates work hard to fulfill all our guests needs promptly and I am happy to hear they have given you a great experience. The girls at the front desk will be pleased to here these awesome comments! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for two nights room # 517 We were impressed with the front desk staff friendliness and attentiveness to guests needs. First night was great they gave us complimentary water and cookie when we checked in :) they are helpful,got us a microwave when we decided to stay for another night.
We were visiting my hubby's aunt in Pittsburgh and this location is very convenient. We thought the place was nice and it was. Room appeared to be clean and neat and organized but when it was time for shower, I stepped in the tub and it went black! I was wondering where it came from then I realized it must be from my feet from the carpet.
The carpet don't seem to be so clean it may have some mold? Since then I was wearing my slippers till we checked out. We stayed two nights because it was so convenient.
Thanksgiving morning we ordered room service breakfast,it was great! Love what we had and they were nice and called us and ask how the bfast was and we said great. I left a tip for the housekeeping with a note saying, 'we enjoyed our stay,we are staying for another night and keep it up the good work'.
Thanksgiving day before we left for Pittsburg ,we informed the front that we are staying for another night. When we came back after lunch about 4pm , yes our bed was made but they didn't replenish amenities,no coffee cups and coffee and tea or only what we didn't use for the first day was there. My husband needs to go and ask for it. I'm not sure if they vacuumed. The toilet, we noticed doesn't flush good and the bathroom exhaust is really loud I cant concentrate when I have to do my business :) pillows are small but it's okay and stock of towels are good no complain.
On the day we will check out we thought to try breakfast at the cafe or their buffet ,we ordered the same bfast for my husband Denver Omelet and it didn't come up as good as room service bfast. The presentation wasn't nice no fruit and the omelet and hash browns were better the day before. I ordered blueberry pancakes and they gave me regular pancakes,no syrup or butter we had to ask for it. They made me another set. pancakes a little oily. They were apologetic but it was not a good service and it wasn't busy that day. We still left a tip though it wasn't great we know how it is to work hard.
The hotel is nice and lobby,overall appearance is great,just a little bit more training for staff or members I guess is needed,just a little bit of paying attention to details and we will be back again. OH yeah they didn't offer us water on our second night.
Advice,stay on the top floors so you don't hear other people's footsteps :) we always like to stay on the last or top floor.

Room Tip: Always if your room had been vacuumed etc. didn't use spa so I can't comment on that. Again...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AGMI44, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Joplin I 44 & US 71, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for the feedback! I will inform the appropriate managers about this information and we will do our best to correct these issues. We appreciate your business and without your feedback we could not make the improvements.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is a older facility but staff will go the extra mile for you. For example Bryon from security made my stay very pleasant by going out of his way to help me, he got me a fridge late at night and provide local information. Another example is Jenny at the front desk who is always smiling and willing to seek the answer to any problem you have. These are important things, and can make the difference between ok and great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone based on the staff alone, but two pools, exercise room, game room, luandry, and a restaurant on site helps too.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for the feedback! Our associates will be excited to hear
about these great compliments! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again!
Noble, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel has multiple restaurants to eat in, friendly staff, clean rooms, located close to freeway and many outside restaurants and the inside of the hotel is very beautiful. I am a smoker, but I will say it is not advisable to stay in a smoking room because they don't seem to be aired out. The staff was nice enough to change my room to a non smoking room even when they did not have to. Beds all come with pillows marked soft and firm, very nice touch. There are two pools, indoor and outdoor.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are on he upper floors, but I would not recommend them. Does not seem to be aired out...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AGMI44, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Joplin I 44 & US 71, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for the feedback. We can not make improvements with out it!
We hope to see you again! Hopefully we will be a non smoking facility soon, we are in the process!
Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went to Joplin for a dog show which was at the convention center next to the Holiday Inn. I stayed at the hotel just for proximity purposes thinking that the hotel would be clean but rather pedestrian (you know...blah, blah; so-so). Well, I was so wrong. It reminded me of one of the very nice Mariotts in which I've stayed. I got a junior suite. Everything was clean and smelled nice. It was very roomey with lots (LOTS) of place to put my clothing. I really liked the fact that an iron and ironing board were in all of the rooms so that, after unpacking my show clothes, i could 'spruce' them up a bit! I was surprised to see a review that said the place needed remodeling - I surely didn't think so. In fact, I found my suite and all of the 'ball rooms', conference rooms, and resteraunt to be quite lovely. The reception area was almost spectacular!!! (And I'm fussy). Anyhow...this gets a five star review from me. My only (SMALL) complaint was that I tried to order room service rather late in the evening and was told that it would be about an hour and a half.....no biggie and at least they told me up front.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
We enjoy having the dog show every year & we are happy to hear you had such a great experience! Thank you for the great review, and we look forward to our return!

Been to Holiday Inn Joplin I 44 & US 71? Share your experiences!