“A Port in the Storm” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Jefferson City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A Port in the Storm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had a reservation in southern Missouri, but weren't able to reach our destination because of the flooding. I called this Hampton Inn at 5PM and was able to secure a room for that evening. On the phone, I asked if there was a restaurant adjacent (there isn't) but the clerk told me they had restaurants that would deliver.
By the time we arrived at 8PM we were tired and hungry and were pleasantly surprised that the clerk had taken the initiative to print off the list of restaurants for us. By 8:30 we were wolfing down Jimmy John's sandwiches.
We didn't use the jacuzzi tub in our room, but the room was spacious with a refrig and microwave. The scrambled egg product at breakfast didn't look particularly appetizing but the oatmeal was hot and yummy. Our room was on the front of the hotel overlooking the parking lot and road but we didn't hear any road noise or noise from other guests (and from the look of the other guests at breakfast the hotel was chock full of other stranded travelers and FEMA reps). As Hampton Inns go, this one is above average with a spacious lobby and seating area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
jch-agm, Manager at Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for completing a review following your recent stay with us. The entire staff diligently strives daily to make every guest stay a rewarding experience. It is always a pleasure to hear from those who had a great stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again real soon!Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn! Charles Tattershall, Operations Manager

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

From the moment we arrived for our overnight adventure, we were impressed with the happy, positive, and inviting attitude of all the hotel staff. Everybody that we encountered asked if they could do anything for us. The Jacuzzi Tub in our room was very romantic for our getaway! The breakfast buffet had many yummy overings, especially the hot foods. Thanks for making our time together really special!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jch-agm, Manager at Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay with us. We value the opinion of all our guest. The entire staff strives daily to make every guest experience a wonderful one. It is always a pleasure and delight to hear from those who had a tremendous stay and appreciate our efforts to exceed their expectations. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn! Charles Tattershall, Operations Manager
St. Louis, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Might stay again, but probably not. Was surprised there was no fridge in the room and no microwave for guest use at ALL, except during breakfast. If you have left-overs from a restaurant, you're out of luck. Room was fine and the maids (I hate to call them that) were very nice and helpful. I think management might just to re-think what is offered. That's all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jch-agm, Manager at Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review. We read every review and value the guest input. It is true our standard doubles and standard kings do not have refrigerators and microwaves. However, our King Studies and King Jacuzzi's both do. When you made the reservation online, the room description should have made clear there was no refirgerator or microwave in the room. I will be reviewing the online information on the Hampton website to be sure it is accurate. Thank you for providing us with your desire to have these items in your room. Have a great day, and thank you for choosing Hampton Inn! Charles Tattershall, Operations Manager
Nashville, TN, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this location! It is close to shopping and restaurants. There were plenty of parking spaces. The environment, both inside and outside was safe, clean, and comfortable. The staff was helpful, friendly, and accommodating. I have nothing bad to say. I highly recommend staying at this Hampton if you're passing through the Jefferson City area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to complete a review. Your feedback and input are valued. It is always good to hear from those guest who have had a tremendous stay. The staff works daily to exceed the expectations of every guest. We look forward to having you as our guest again real soon. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn! Charles Tattershall, Operations Manager
Denver, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

From the moment you walk in the staff greets you and welcome you. The lobby area is well kept and clean. The breakfast offered was prepared nicely and the offerings were more than one could request. The person in charge kept items stocked and the area was always clean. Great place to stay during a business trip. Upon return in the evenings the staff greeted you as though you were home, they were very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jch-agm, Manager at Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to complete a review. My staff works continuously to provide each guest with a great stay. It is always good to hear from those who have experienced one, and know our ongoing efforts are appreciated. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn! Charles Tattershall, Operations Manager
Peoria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you have tried to stay in Jefferson City, MO you will have noted there are not many decent hotels. Its amazing. However, this Hampton is very nice. Big room, microwave, mini fridge, clean, and comfortable bed. I'm a hotel snob (I like Embassy Suites, Hyatts, etc), and this hotel was more than acceptable to me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jch-agm, Manager at Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. It is always good to hear from those who had a pleasent stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn. Charles Tattershall, Operations Manager
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here on business this past week and the lady that checked me in was nice but very strict. Almost unconveniently strict. When I typically check into a Hampton Inn they ask for your credit card and that's it. I also book government rate when I am working on contract government projects. I know they always ask you to bring a copy of proof that you are a government contractor but I have NEVER been asked for this. Upon arrival, I was asked for my name, Hilton Honors card, credit card, driver's license and proof of government rate. I didn't have my hilton honors card, I handed her my credit card, and had dropped my license somewhere in my bag after going through security. Instead of digging through my purse, I handed her my student ID from graduate school which is only a couple years old. She then proceeded to tell me that I would need proof age since I was handing her a student ID. I was probably at the desk for 20 minutes. This is not how you are typically treated at a Hilton hotel. I stay at Hampton Inn's all the time and have never been asked for so many documents. People want to get checked in as quickly as possible and get to their room. She also made me print a copy of my government contract or else she was going to charge me full rate. I understand her trying to be thorough but this was a little much. The rooms were clean, and the air conditioner was loud all night but other than that, if you stay here, make sure you bring all your credentials!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
jch-agm, Manager at Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay with us. Your concern about a current valid picture ID is not only a hotel policy at check in, but a Hampton Brand Standard. While there are several reasons this is a policy, on is to verify the guest reservation, the person checking into the room, and the credit card being used all belong to the guest checking into the hotel. The safety, identity, and protiection of our guest are of utmost importance. Thus the checking of a valid, current ID is for the protection of the guest. The Government rate policy for the hotel is all government employees traveling on government business are elgible for the government per diem rate, and a valid current govt. ID is required at check in. Anyone can call the hotel, go online, or call Hampton directly and book a government per diem room, however only government employees are elgible for that rate. The hotel has a rate for government contractors, which is different. If you are a contractor who book a governemnt per diem room, but did not have a government ID or letter from the government agency stating you were to be given the government rate, then you were not elgible for that rate. The entirety of the check in process should have taken less than 5 minutes, so I apologize it took so long for you to get checked in. Charles Tattershall, Operations Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall? Share your experiences!