“clean, convenient hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Jefferson City
Houston
“clean, convenient hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel Nov. 24th & 25th while attending a funeral. It was very clean, food good, and very convenient to get around the city, and where we needed to go to leave. The front desk was very helpful. The business desk was convenient also. This hotel had a nice variety for breakfast and we appreciated the 10:00 AM closing for breakfast. It helped us not have to rush to get down.
This hotel was close to shopping and on the highway to go straight to downtown.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cadiz, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here because I was in need of a place to stay near my GRE testing site and I prefer Hilton Brand Hotels; so I picked this Hampton Inn. The hotel itself is located on the outskirts of Jefferson City, so if you're looking for place to stay that's in the downtown area; this isn't the hotel for you. The hotel is located one exit away from the Jefferson City mall and that is where the closest eateries are. The hotel is easily identified from the state highway if you're coming from the southwest.

The hotel as a whole is older, but the hotel has already identified a date when renovations are scheduled to begin. They are slated to begin in early November with improvements coming to the breakfast area and entrance. I personally thought the breakfast area and lobby isn't what is in need for updating (minus the entry doors). Nevertheless, updates are coming. The pool is very nice looking, although I didn't have the time to use it.

I was placed on a 4th floor room because my HHonors profile has me asking for rooms on a higher floor. In the case of this hotel, I think some discernment is needed. TAKE NOTE: the top floor of this hotel is part smoking and part non-smoking. Thus, you can smell the rancid stench of stale cigarettes in the hallways. This bugged me and in the one case that I've experienced this in the past, I've asked to move. Because I was only staying here for one night and it wasn't too putrid in my room, I elected not to mention it. I will say though that in this age (unless unknowingly mandated by the state of MIssouri) you'd think that hotels like the Hampton Inn would not offer smoking rooms. I would say that the staff should try and avoid putting guests that don't smoke on the top floor if they have rooms available that are on completely non-smoking floors and offer the same room reserved. Ultimately, this is why I didn't give the hotel 5 stars. The room was mostly clean and I slept very well in the bed.

Breakfast in the morning was your typical Hampton Inn fare. The breakfast hostess was very nice and offered me help because I couldn't get the waffle maker to not stick. The oatmeal at this Hampton Inn looked unappealing and it seems like they changed the toppings for the oatmeal to single serving packets. The Orange Juice was nice and cold and there was plenty of food available.

The price was right; I got a AAA discounted rate of $79.00 with minimal tax. Oh, I almost forgot; the staff at the hotel is awesome. Overall, I would confidently recommend the hotel if you're in the area. If you're going downtown, you may want to find somewhere closer. This hotel is about 10-15 minutes from the city and although not inconvenient, it definitely has a "outside of the city" feel.

Room Tip: Avoid top floor rooms if you don't like cigarette smoke!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
sarasota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I arrived on Wednesday the 17th of October. Prior to my arrival the person that answered the phone did not impress me--I had made the person aware that I was expecting a package and was told it would be in the communication log and it SHOULD be seen. I explained that the whole purpose of my trip was that package. Instead of going any further; I called back 2 days later and spoke to the Front Office Manager who assured me this would not be a problem. Upon my check in the clerk was aware and gave me my package. (The Good).
I checked took the elevator up to my room and was overwhelmed with the smell of cleaning products (The bad). My room was clean and the bed as well as the pillows were comfortable. (The Good).
I asked for a wake up call at 4am this morning the 19th and thankfully had set my cell phone to go off 30 minutes after the wake up call. This was the best insight I could have had. I did not receive my wake up call and was going to call the front desk to complain, but the phone had no dial tone. Guess that was why I did not get my wake up call (the BAD). I was going to complain at the front desk about this upon check out, 5am, but when I got to the desk there was no one there, but a sign was there stating "Sorry for the inconvenience, be back shortly". I had to rush out the door to make my airplane--hence the reason for my wake up call. I did not have a minute to spare.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the parking lot
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jch-agm, Manager at Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
We continually strive to not only meet but exceed the expectations of every guest. Outstanding guest service is all we have to offer our guest. Unfortunately a fauty phone plug did not allow the set wake up call to ring the room, for which I sincerely apologize. The problem was found and corrected prior the posting of this review. We value and appreciate the imput and feedback of all our guest, in our ongoing effort to fully please every guest. Charles Tattershall, Operations Manager
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stay at this hotel anywhere from 3-15 nights per month. While it's not the nicest place I've stayed, it's comfortable and I'm well-taken-care-of. I have had some problems with cleanliness and consistency with the way the rooms are maintained, but the management is VERY good at addressing issues and service recovery. I don't personally love the free breakfast options, but they do offer quite a few options and most everyone can find someone that will appeal to them. The fitness room is sufficient, but the equipment is dated and needs to be replaced. I've not actually been into the pool area, but it looks to be very well-maintained and clean. There is no hot tub at this property. My biggest complaint here is that the rooms are extremely dark without turning on all the lights, and the internet connection doesn't allow for streaming.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
jch-agm, Manager at Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback concerning your weekly stays with us over the past 6 months. Per our many oral conversations we have ahd and you have had with my staff, we take every guest perception and concern very seriously. As you stated, when you are not satisfied we have immediately provided a service recovery, and offer others you have refused. Every member of my staff works tirelessly to make every guest stay a tremendous experience. Feel free at any time to speak with me again at any time, as I value the opinion of every guest. CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised at how clean the hotel was. The staff was very nice and their breakfast in the morning was delicous.

The young lady in charge of the breakfast was very sweet and smiling.

All in all it was a very nice stay

• Stayed July 2012
Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I spent the nights of July 6 and 7 at the Hampton Inn, Jefferson City, Missouri and were very pleased. I had made several requests before our arrival and they went out of their way to make sure we had everything that we needed.

The hotel is very clean and very quiet. I really liked the decor. They use bright colors in the hallways and the guest rooms. Our room was very large with modern styled furniture and lamps. The colors were in the mauve family which was very bright and cheerful. It was just very pleasant to be in this room.

The breakfast was the typical Hampton Inn breakfast which is very good. My only complaint is about their coffee. It was very weak. Normally the robust roast at Hamptons is quite good but this one was bad both mornings.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

When we arrived the front desk agent was very friendly. I advised her that we couldn't have a smoking room (surprised they still have smoking rooms, it's 2012) and she said she would check with ther MOD to see if we could be put into a non-smoking room. The MOD came out to discuss the situation with the front desk agent (in front of us) and had a complete attitude about whether it was ok to put us in another room. Her words exactly "well, if we have the non-smoking available, I guess put them in it... if not, then too bad, we just don't have it"... not the type of response you would imagine coming from the Manager. I feel like the check-in experience put a bad taste in our mouths and I think this hotel should considered all non-smoking rooms due to the fact that most places are conforming to healthy lifestyles.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Jefferson City at Capital Mall? Share your experiences!