“Items stolen from my room” 1 of 5 stars

Truman Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1510 Jefferson St, Jefferson City, MO 65110   |
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Jefferson City
Saint Robert, Missouri
“Items stolen from my room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I had items in my room prior to the cleaning lady. After the lady left the items were missing. When I informed the desk the answer I got was, "What do you want me to do?" No manager on duty all weekend. When the manager called a week later he asked if I was sure that I had the items. That was the last I heard from the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Jefferson City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family and I HAD to stay there, just for a night, due to a family emergency. Upon arrival I was not impressed both the "old" smell of the lobby area. The staff looked very unprofessional (dirty looking). I learned my reservation was incorrect in the system(I was given a King room). The double queens were actually full size beds--which the sheets were just thrown on the bed--not to mention the bed spread had stains on it. I asked for fresh sheets and I was told there weren't anymore. The bathroom was not clean--used soap and dirt still in tub and an actual dirty towel was folded and left on the rack. There was hair all over the bathroom floor. The hotel allows pets, so every time someone walked passed the door across the hall from me the dog would bark. The ironing board was so short I had to sit on the bed to iron. Speaking of irons...I had to get the young lady at the front desk to go into a vacant room to get an iron that worked--TWICE!! The hotel looked as if it had not been properly cleaned since it first opened it's door for business. I felt that my family and I would have been more comfortable at a roach motel than at this place. Stay away or be prepared to be pissed!!!

Room Tip: Always check the "bad" reviews. These are honest and will save you money!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
KCMO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

I was rather apprehensive about staying at this hotel, having chosen it because it was the lowest cost Jefferson City hotel advertised at the time I made my reservation. The reviews were mixed, the majority being negative. My rating of this hotel reflects its comparison to other "cheapest" hotels at which I've stayed, not all hotels. It's NOT a luxury hotel. Needs some paint here & there. I noted 3 deficiencies in my room after my first night, and all were corrected promptly. House staff, restaurant personnel and front desk staff were all cordial and helpful. Complimentary breakfast wasn't elaborate, but the pastries were fresh, the biscuits were fluffy, and the sausage gravy was hot, flavorful, and actually contained bits of sausage. There was also orange juice, fresh fruit, canned fruit and cereal. What else do you need? Who cares if the television isn't a flat screen as long as it works?

Room Tip: If you need reasonably priced lodging, this is a good bet. If something's amiss, don't suff...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Jeff W, General Manager at Truman Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 21, 2015
Thank you for taking time to give us a your review. Also, thanks for having confidence in us and not deciding on some things other people say and post. We are working hard to make this the best value hotel in Jefferson City. Service is what we try to do to show we are different and value our guests.

Again, thank you for taking time to give us your input.
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015

I would never stay in this hotel unless thee was no other choice except sleeping in my car. I go to Jefferson City regularly during legislative session. I am a physician. I had reservations at the Comfort Suites (2/11/15). It was a guaranteed late arrival. I had an emergency case come up. Before leaving Kansas City at 10:30 PM I called to be sure I had a room and was told yes. When I got there at 1:15 AM they informed me they have oversold their rooms and me and 3 other people had no rooms. They said they had made arrangements to stay at the Truman Hotel at a discounted rate. I said I would not pay a penny to stay there due to their mistake. They "comped" me the night. Truman is old, tired and mostly filled with construction crews doing contract overnighting. I stayed in room 210. The room temperature was 58 degree. The heating unit did not work. They had no other open room (now 2:00 AM). I slept with my clothes and over-coat on. Never have I had such a cold night and I have lived in North Dakota. Next day I reminded front desk to fix unit. Indifferent, no apology. Their free breakfast was muffins, biskets and gravy. No cold cereal, no fruit, no orange juice. Can I say anything nice? It was better than sleeping in my car. I'm writing Comfort Suites and Truman Hotel off my list. I'll drive back to Columbia to spend the night if this every happens again.

Room Tip: Rooms in Jefferson City during state legislative session are at a premium. If you will be staying i...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Jeff W, General Manager at Truman Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 16, 2015
Dear John, Thanks for your review.

Our sincerest apologies for this issue. After hearing of your room problem we found out that the thermostat was not working properly. The City was full that evening. We also own the Comfort Suites. I speak for all of us at the Puri Hotel Group that our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. "Comping" the room was certainly one way of apologizing but I want to make sure you know we go above and beyond to make our guests the #1 priority. Excellence in Service is what we built this Hotel Group on and we hope you give us a chance to prove it to you again.

Again, my sincerest apologies for this issue of the room. You are more than welcome to contact me at the Truman hotel so I can make sure you are 100% satisfied.
Linn Creek, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2015

This Hotel is older and very charming. The lobby is elegant and speaks to the history of President Truman.
The staff went beyond and above their call of duty. Jeff the manager, Veronica and Kirsten made sure my 94 year old mother was comfortable and brought her snacks while I was at an Missouri Municipal League meeting at the capitol.

I could have gone to a newer hotel, however when I met the staff, especially Jeff the manager I decided the best place for me and mom was here at the Truman Hotel. The staff cares about their guests.

Room Tip: Inside suites are quiet and large. There is also a breakfast room well supplied.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your nice review. It was a pleasure serving you and your mother. We try to make sure we go above normal expectations for our guests. I take a personal interest when special requests are made so we can prove hospitality more than just selling a room.

Tell her hello and it was a pleasure meeting you both.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

We stopped at this hotel on our way to Hermann, MO for a labor day vacation. We arrived late and without a reservation and we were able to get a room without an issue. One thing to note is that there is no elevator for the second floor. The rooms were very stately and large and the bed was comfortable. We received a coupon for free breakfast the next morning. Bathroom was nice too. We went into the lounge for a drink and it was very nice, there was a place with couches and arm chairs and also a piano. It definately reminded us of a place that legislatures go. The breakfast the next morning was also beyond our expectations. It was NOT buffet, but rather, made fresh when we ordered. It came on a real place, with water and iced tea served in wine glasses and real napkins. The dining room was amazing. This hotel has a historic feel too it. It is not modern or trendy, but if you are looking for something that is not a chain and not an "cookie cutter" hotel, this is definately it. We will stay here again. Also, if you like German food, you must eat at the German restaurant that is 1/2 block away. The food is authentic and the beer is too. The lounge at the hotel is an experience. We met the owner and the bar manager and made some great friends that night. We enjoyed it so much that we stayed here again on our way back home.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff W, General Manager at Truman Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2015
Dear Kendra, I very much appreciate you you taking time out of your busy schedule to give us your positive review. We are trying to make a difference. As you noted...we are not the newest but many of our guests love the charm of a historic hotel.

FYI: My family is from Hermann with many years of history being riverboat pilots from the mid 1800s - 1950. Love that little German town!

Again, thank you for the nice review!

Cordially,
Jeff Wohlt, GM
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

I had to work in town for the day and online it looked great. It's old and needs upgrading. The meeting rooms are converted hotel rooms, I couldn't connect to the wifi, and the place was fairly dirty. The internal restaurant had decent food and is huge. If you want to avoid a crowd, try it. Their computer system crashed when running my check so lunch was free. But the booths were filthy, in need of a massive steam cleaning. The people were amazing, the best part of my day. Fun. Helpful. Cheerful.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Jeff W, General Manager at Truman Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 26, 2014
Dear Jason,

I appreciate your review and the kind comments on the food and staff. I was shocked to hear the word "filthy" as our restaurant is kept very nice and is a Jefferson City favorite.

Again, thanks for your input and you are welcome to email me so I can search deeper in to this issue during your stay.

Cordially,

Been to Truman Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!